Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #11
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: SAHM How messy is your house? Mine is a terrible unending mess.

my house gets really clean about once a week/once every two weeks. the only task i'm able to really stay on top of is the vacuuming, which happens once a day, and since i vacuum, then the floor gets (mostly) picked up once a day as well.

now the kitchen, it's almost always a disaster area. my husband will get up and eat a little something. then jack gets up and my husband gives him breakfast, big mess. then i get up while jack is eating breakfast and fix breakfast. then a little bit later lunch for jack and i, then my husband gets home from work in the afternoon and is in the kitchen, etc etc etc. how on earth could i keep it clean all day??

luckily my husband is good with cleaning the kitchen

Advertisement

Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #12
SorenEdenTuckers
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here's my solution: I hate clutter and I hate messes, and I also hate to spend entire days cleaning so I stay on top of it.
I take my kids outside most of the day so they can't trash my house . We live on 5 acres (2+ cleared) we have swings, sandbox, riding toys and a pool so there's plenty to do outside. In the morning after breakfast, I will feed them, let them play for a bit while I make beds, clean up from breakfast, etc and then we go outside for a good part of the day. They love to be outside, the fresh air is good for them, it tires them out, my house stays pretty clean and it's a win win situation for me :-) Even when it rains or we don't feel like going out, my house is still pretty much in order from staying on top of it most of the other days so it's not a huge issue. and yes, I do let my kids be kids, I just figure we have a huge yard, why not go outside and use it?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #13
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

check this out : www.flyladay.com
it has made a world of difference!
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #14
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I don't have triplets, but here is what I am doing:

1) I am actively reducing the amount of stuff that we have.

2) Everything left is being assigned a "place". If there is not room to make a place for it..... bye bye item.

Ruthless, but it is working. Much easier to spend a few minutes after DD is in bed to tidy up and it looks pretty good.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #15
mamax3
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I need a schedule really bad but right now it's pointless because the schedule would say "Mama - clean everything." My oldest kids are 2.5 and only help when I beg and promise candy rewards, LOL! Even then they are more of a pain then "help". DH does help me by doing his own laundry and the yardwork and taking out the trash, but mostly everything is left for me. I know I don't have triplets, but I feel like it some days with mine so close in age. I feel like the easiest things (picking up after yourself lol) are so hard to do! I started out a very unorganized person. It amazes me to see shows on large families where they all work together, but I think "that won't happen for another year or two" because my children aren't old enough to really help out.

But yea my house is semi-organized. No schedules, I just clean as I go, one room at a time. Some days I can get the whole house clean, other days I am lucky to get one load of laundry done. I try to not stress myself out about it and take time off each day from worrying about chores, but it's hard. I want my house to look as presentable as some of those who have less children and are more organized! I have tried Flylady and some of her techniques work well and some don't. I got the Motivated Mom's calender without looking at it and thought "OMG if I could get all of the normal 'chores' listed done each day, I'd be extatic! Let alone all of these extra things on the checklist..."

Sigh ~ I want to learn from you clean freaks!
6 on the road

Last edited by mamax3; 05-29-2007 at 11:31 AM.
mamax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #16
kimsclothkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My house is pretty clean.......................................... NOT!!! My house is a mess, no really a huge mess!! But, 45 minutes before DH comes home, I clean like a crazy woman!! When he comes home, my house looks clean!!
WOHM to NoahJacoband MeganLoving wife to my #1 man, Aaron I have a one of a kind family and a one of a kind life and I'm loving every minute of it!
kimsclothkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:31 AM   #17
bethhill104
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My house is clean. I'm pretty OCD about it. I just pick up as I go along. My DD is expected to do the same. When she is done playing, she has to put away before getting out something else. I do the same.
Our house is small, so we have to keep it neat. I also get rid of stuff we don't need. I hate clutter!!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #18
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My neighbor jokes that you can eat off my floor because it's so clean...I tell her you can eat off her floor because she has so much food on it

But I'm really too anal about my house being clean. Then again I have a small house and DS has chores he has to do around the house too, so that helps big time
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #19
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My house is lived in. It isn't dirty but it does have stuff here and there. My worse part is keeping the counter tidy. That is where the laptops are and my embroidery machine and it is holding my swift andsome shirts and other odd ball stuff. It does get cleaned daily but as soon as DD comes home its a wreck again.
I do try to have things picked up before I go to bed so I wake up to a clean living room but that lasts for as long as the little ones will sleep
Old 05-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #20
-ashley-
Banned

My Mood:

If your house is clean, what are your secrets?!? My BIG problem is just clutter, and nothing I've tried so far has worked for me. My kitchen used to be a prolem, but now I make myself clean as I cook, or right after cook.
-ashley- is offline   Reply With Quote