Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
Indiana Mommas

There is this big possiblity we might end up moving to Evansville Indiana sometime this year.... In saying this, I am not happy about it, but DH is not happy with his job, and we may end up having to move to make him happy with a job....

So right now I am on the search for the Indiana laws about homeschooling (we have many years before we start just trying to find info out) and REALLY needing to know info about NO/VAX there.. I finally found a MD here in TN that does not push VAX and is totally ok with it.. I wish I could pack him up and take him with us, he is awesome and actually believes in natural care more then the old MD stuff... So if you know of a MD that does not care about VAX there in Indiana please please let me know!!!!

Advertisement

TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Indiana Mommas

I live in Fort Wayne (opposite end of the state). It's the second biggest city in Indiana and I cannot find a doctor that will support our choice not to vax, so we just don't go unless DS is sick or in need of a physician.

Wish I could be of more help! If you find one, let me know. It may be worth driving for.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

I'll look around some more and try to find resources for you. There are a few doctors who are no-vax friendly, but getting in as a new patient is the trick...

Homeschooling is no problem at all, so far as I know. A lot of people homeschool.

Really you just have to search harder here for more natural options and less mainstream alternatives. It can be done!

R

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosella View Post
Homeschooling is no problem at all, so far as I know. A lot of people homeschool.
Oh yeah! Forgot to comment on the HSing thing--but many many people HS here. It's a huge community. And we have congo schools here, too. I know a lady personally that has one and if I don't HS my DS, I plan to send him to be schooled with her. The two girls I nanny for are, also.

Quote:
I'll look around some more and try to find resources for you. There are a few doctors who are no-vax friendly, but getting in as a new patient is the trick...
If you find anything, could you pass it on to me, too? I searched and searched and found squat... maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? We ended up taking DS to his chiropractor more than his Ped because he supports us...
Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 AM   #5
bethhill104
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey! We live around Ft Wayne too!

oops..sorry
Old 05-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
jugrox91
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Hey! We live around Ft Wayne too!

oops..sorry

I live just southwest of Fort Wayne!
jugrox91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #7
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cool mommas! We should all get together some time! I saw a baby in longies at the mall a couple weeks ago and thought... "Yay! I don't see THAT enough!"
Old 05-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

I feel so lonely down here in southwestern Indiana when you're all up there!

I'll see what I can find - but really, from Ft Wayne, seems like you would have better luck looking in Indianapolis or Bloomington. I know there are a ton of crunchies up in Bloomington

R

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
jugrox91
Registered Users
seller

I lived in Bloomington for 9 years, we still go through there on the way back from parents house. I'm surprised they isn't a cloth diapering store or a free standing birth center around. There is a store near Kirkwood that sells prefolds, though from what I hear.

Quote:
I feel so lonely down here in southwestern Indiana when you're all up there!
Where are you Rosella? My parents live about an hour SW of Bloomington.
jugrox91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me, me! I live near Fort Wayne too! I love WAY out in the country between Bluffton, Decatur and Berne! How exciting to find other DS mamas so close to me! : )