Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #21
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive

I think I just read your review of them on baby center. I don't mind if the edges are uneven as long as the serged edges lay flat. I really love my thirsties hemp prefolds with the loop taken out. Trying to decide if I want to get some of these - it doesn't seem like any retailers have them and it doesn't seem like geffen baby runs promotions very often. But I don't mind so much since it is 100% USA made and it seems like a great product. Any idea how much shipping usually costs from them?
Free shipping if you order directly from them until Monday!
I love the thirsties with the loop out as well so I am hoping these are just as awesome

Advertisement

crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
parterasd
Registered Users

Re: Geffen baby flat hemp jersey

I've had two of these for a few months and like them a lot. Very absorbent now but it took quite a few washes to get there. Definitely not square, kinda wonky, but the serged edges do lay flat. Doesn't snappi very well, but I can fight with it to make it work. Pad folds great and very trim. I'm having the hardest time deciding if I should get more with the free shipping!
parterasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #23
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Here is geffen baby hemp flat. I haven't been able to use it on DS because he only wants undies it feels like a soft T-shirt & has serged edges. I have washed & dried it 4 times. The bummer part is the edges curl
I dried it in the dryer so it would shrink down. I will try to air dry it & see if it flattens out.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #24
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Here is geffen baby hemp flat. I haven't been able to use it on DS because he only wants undies it feels like a soft T-shirt & has serged edges. I have washed & dried it 4 times. The bummer part is the edges curl
I dried it in the dryer so it would shrink down. I will try to air dry it & see if it flattens out.

bummer about the curling. Thanks for saving me from wanting to try them!

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #25
elle'smom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy
Mine are prepped now too. They do curl slightly on a few of the edges but it is such a thin/soft material that it doesn't bother me at all. It's the nature of jersey to curl anyway. Did they seem small to you though? I might just notice more bc DD is huge. They still work well in a pad fold with her, but there's not enough material to do anything fancy. I think they will be awesome on my newbie in May though, can't wait to try them out on her!
elle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #26
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle'smom

Mine are prepped now too. They do curl slightly on a few of the edges but it is such a thin/soft material that it doesn't bother me at all. It's the nature of jersey to curl anyway. Did they seem small to you though? I might just notice more bc DD is huge. They still work well in a pad fold with her, but there's not enough material to do anything fancy. I think they will be awesome on my newbie in May though, can't wait to try them out on her!
I have a newbie due in May too!!! I plan to pad fold for him so I was hoping for smaller size. I just don't think I can justify $$$ when some birdseye ones are $20 for a dozen
Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
webMistress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm thinking about trying these and/or the Geffen Baby prefolds for nighttime. They look so soft & stretchy.
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
zoekate12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been using the Geffen Baby jersey prefolds at night and they have become our bulletproof option!! SO soft and stretchy and SO absorbent! I love hemp!!!
zoekate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #29
elle'smom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
I have a newbie due in May too!!! I plan to pad fold for him so I was hoping for smaller size. I just don't think I can justify $$$ when some birdseye ones are $20 for a dozen
Awesome, congrats! I agree they are pricey... but I think they're a great size for a small baby, trim, and absorbent too! I'm glad I will have these for that awkward stage when LO is growing out of her nb dipes but not-quite-fitting into her OS dipes. I can't stand bulky diapers and I think these will be perfect under a Capri or Weehugger cover. Hopefully we will get our money's worth!
elle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
webMistress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoekate12 View Post
I've been using the Geffen Baby jersey prefolds at night and they have become our bulletproof option!! SO soft and stretchy and SO absorbent! I love hemp!!!
Question - are you using them with doublers of any sort? Wool covers or PUL?
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote