Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #21
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive

I think I just read your review of them on baby center. I don't mind if the edges are uneven as long as the serged edges lay flat. I really love my thirsties hemp prefolds with the loop taken out. Trying to decide if I want to get some of these - it doesn't seem like any retailers have them and it doesn't seem like geffen baby runs promotions very often. But I don't mind so much since it is 100% USA made and it seems like a great product. Any idea how much shipping usually costs from them?
Free shipping if you order directly from them until Monday!
I love the thirsties with the loop out as well so I am hoping these are just as awesome

Advertisement

crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
parterasd
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 204
Re: Geffen baby flat hemp jersey

I've had two of these for a few months and like them a lot. Very absorbent now but it took quite a few washes to get there. Definitely not square, kinda wonky, but the serged edges do lay flat. Doesn't snappi very well, but I can fight with it to make it work. Pad folds great and very trim. I'm having the hardest time deciding if I should get more with the free shipping!
parterasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #23
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Here is geffen baby hemp flat. I haven't been able to use it on DS because he only wants undies it feels like a soft T-shirt & has serged edges. I have washed & dried it 4 times. The bummer part is the edges curl
I dried it in the dryer so it would shrink down. I will try to air dry it & see if it flattens out.



crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #24
ebandive's Avatar
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,864
My Mood:
Re: Geffen baby flat hemp jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Here is geffen baby hemp flat. I haven't been able to use it on DS because he only wants undies it feels like a soft T-shirt & has serged edges. I have washed & dried it 4 times. The bummer part is the edges curl
I dried it in the dryer so it would shrink down. I will try to air dry it & see if it flattens out.



bummer about the curling. Thanks for saving me from wanting to try them!
__________________
Erin- RN- hoping to be a SAHM - Wife to Charlie, Mom to 2 boys: Trip (born 3-3-11) and Kai (born 1-16-13)

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #25
elle'smom's Avatar
elle'smom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy
Here is geffen baby hemp flat. I haven't been able to use it on DS because he only wants undies it feels like a soft T-shirt & has serged edges. I have washed & dried it 4 times. The bummer part is the edges curl
I dried it in the dryer so it would shrink down. I will try to air dry it & see if it flattens out.
Mine are prepped now too. They do curl slightly on a few of the edges but it is such a thin/soft material that it doesn't bother me at all. It's the nature of jersey to curl anyway. Did they seem small to you though? I might just notice more bc DD is huge. They still work well in a pad fold with her, but there's not enough material to do anything fancy. I think they will be awesome on my newbie in May though, can't wait to try them out on her!
elle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #26
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle'smom

Mine are prepped now too. They do curl slightly on a few of the edges but it is such a thin/soft material that it doesn't bother me at all. It's the nature of jersey to curl anyway. Did they seem small to you though? I might just notice more bc DD is huge. They still work well in a pad fold with her, but there's not enough material to do anything fancy. I think they will be awesome on my newbie in May though, can't wait to try them out on her!
I have a newbie due in May too!!! I plan to pad fold for him so I was hoping for smaller size. I just don't think I can justify $$$ when some birdseye ones are $20 for a dozen
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
webMistress's Avatar
webMistress
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 242
My Mood:
Re: Geffen baby flat hemp jersey

I'm thinking about trying these and/or the Geffen Baby prefolds for nighttime. They look so soft & stretchy.
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
zoekate12's Avatar
zoekate12
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 109
My Mood:
I've been using the Geffen Baby jersey prefolds at night and they have become our bulletproof option!! SO soft and stretchy and SO absorbent! I love hemp!!!
zoekate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #29
elle'smom's Avatar
elle'smom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 291
Re: Geffen baby flat hemp jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
I have a newbie due in May too!!! I plan to pad fold for him so I was hoping for smaller size. I just don't think I can justify $$$ when some birdseye ones are $20 for a dozen
Awesome, congrats! I agree they are pricey... but I think they're a great size for a small baby, trim, and absorbent too! I'm glad I will have these for that awkward stage when LO is growing out of her nb dipes but not-quite-fitting into her OS dipes. I can't stand bulky diapers and I think these will be perfect under a Capri or Weehugger cover. Hopefully we will get our money's worth!
elle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
webMistress's Avatar
webMistress
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 242
My Mood:
Re: Geffen baby flat hemp jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoekate12 View Post
I've been using the Geffen Baby jersey prefolds at night and they have become our bulletproof option!! SO soft and stretchy and SO absorbent! I love hemp!!!
Question - are you using them with doublers of any sort? Wool covers or PUL?
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.