Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jealousy

I figured you all would understand where I'm coming from. My husband is good support, but I don't think he understands this aspect of it.
The jealousy. After a loss, when everyone else is getting pregnant, and you just want nothing more than to be pregnant, but even more, to be pregnant with *that* baby.
I don't like feeling sad/angry/jealous, but how do you get past it? Time, I guess.

Advertisement

Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Jealousy

Time does help...but it still hurts. The memory of what ifs are always there.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks.

We have two older kids (10 and 7 1/2) and a 2 1/2 year old who hasn't STTN yet, and usually cries in her sleep in bed with us, and still nurses frequently. She also has struggled with chronic constipation for almost her whole life. I want to have another baby, Lord willing, but I feel like the miscarriage happened for a reason (because we shouldn't be having more kids?) and that our youngest needs to be sleeping and popping better before we have another baby. I think that makes it even harder...to want to be pregnant so much, and feel like it's not the right thing to do. *sigh*
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
Old 03-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jealousy is very normal. As someone struggling to conceive #1 it's something I go through daily. The one time I've been pregnant it was chemical so it didn't even last to 4 weeks.
Michele (29) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube

Following my heart and adopting a child with Down Syndrome from Inda
Have $5? Please consider donating to my Adoption Fundraiser
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am going through a bit of jealousy too. I had a mc in November, it was early but still hurts. It doesn't help that I know around 5 friends who are due within a month of when I was due. 1 of those friends and another friend, due a few months later, got pregnant their first cycle. I will find out this weekend if this cycle worked or not, I am getting very antsy! It is cycle #12, so if I am not I will be calling my Dr and getting some tests done I think.

The only thing that is really helping me is telling myself that it isn't their fault (it's nobody's fault) and that they don't deserve my sadness or jealousy. I am so happy for all of them and reminding myself of that helps. It doesn't help with knowing that I do want another little one and that I don't think there is any way I can stop trying now. I also try to play with my other 2 kiddos and keep in mind that they need my positivity.

For your 2yos issues with constipation...what have you done to try and help it? My son had some form of constipation for around 8 months...it sucked!!! He also didn't sleep through the night until a little after 2yrs but only did that for a few months and then started waking up at least once in the middle of the night. now at 3.5 he doesn't wake in the middle of the night. Anyway, to help with the constipation I pretty much cut out cheese and bananas for a little while. When he ate those 2 things it seemed to make it worse. I also bought some fiber gummies because a friend told me they worked really well. The funny thing was, I didn't have to use the gummies....right after I bought them he decided to start pooping better. It was weird, lol. Another thing I want to try is magnesium supplements or something. Magnesium is low in most everyone and it is supposed to help with your digestive system and sleeping among other things. I have not found anything in the stores for kids though, so I am just doing a better job (mostly for myself to help with headaches) at buying different types of nuts because they are a good source of magnesium.

Good luck with everything!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut_9754 View Post
Jealousy is very normal. As someone struggling to conceive #1 it's something I go through daily. The one time I've been pregnant it was chemical so it didn't even last to 4 weeks.
Thanks. I've been feeling really alone with this, and figured this would be a place that others may be in a similar boat.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah View Post
I am going through a bit of jealousy too. I had a mc in November, it was early but still hurts. It doesn't help that I know around 5 friends who are due within a month of when I was due. 1 of those friends and another friend, due a few months later, got pregnant their first cycle. I will find out this weekend if this cycle worked or not, I am getting very antsy! It is cycle #12, so if I am not I will be calling my Dr and getting some tests done I think.

The only thing that is really helping me is telling myself that it isn't their fault (it's nobody's fault) and that they don't deserve my sadness or jealousy. I am so happy for all of them and reminding myself of that helps. It doesn't help with knowing that I do want another little one and that I don't think there is any way I can stop trying now. I also try to play with my other 2 kiddos and keep in mind that they need my positivity.

For your 2yos issues with constipation...what have you done to try and help it? My son had some form of constipation for around 8 months...it sucked!!! He also didn't sleep through the night until a little after 2yrs but only did that for a few months and then started waking up at least once in the middle of the night. now at 3.5 he doesn't wake in the middle of the night. Anyway, to help with the constipation I pretty much cut out cheese and bananas for a little while. When he ate those 2 things it seemed to make it worse. I also bought some fiber gummies because a friend told me they worked really well. The funny thing was, I didn't have to use the gummies....right after I bought them he decided to start pooping better. It was weird, lol. Another thing I want to try is magnesium supplements or something. Magnesium is low in most everyone and it is supposed to help with your digestive system and sleeping among other things. I have not found anything in the stores for kids though, so I am just doing a better job (mostly for myself to help with headaches) at buying different types of nuts because they are a good source of magnesium.

Good luck with everything!!!
I hope you get a BFP soon!

Luckily I don't have friends that are pregnant that I see all the time. The 2 that are kinda close and pregnant, I'm super excited for them, because of their circumstances, so they don't "count". Lol

Re: my 2 y/o's constipation, we have tried everything I know of, and she's under the care of a ped GI. Nothing helps, or at least not consistently. Even miralax doesn't help much. I'm trying to get her to drink more. They thought she might have Hirschsprung's Disease, so she had biopsies to check for that, but it was determined that she didn't have it. She had a barium enema before the biopsies. Right now we are doing a dairy free trial (plus miralax and trying to increase fluids) to see if it improves the constipation. This started as an EBF infant though, before solid food introduction even, so I'm not sure what's causing it, but there seems to be something causing it. It makes her a very cranky, irritable person, and she is small, and doesn't gain much weight.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #8
Stouffers3
Registered Users

My Mood:
I understand completely. I'm struggling with this a lot right now. My best friend and I got pregnant within 3 weeks of each other and it was so exciting to be pregnant together. I had a d&c at 10.5 weeks for a missed miscarriage. Over the last 2 months I've had to see her go through all these amazing things, her gender scan, her growing belly, and it's so difficult. I'm beyond jealous. I know somewhere inside I'm really happy for her but it's hard to feel it. She had a miscarriage right before this pregnancy and got pregnant right away. I've now had 2 periods and nothing so far so I'm even jealous of how fast she got pregnant again. All of these feelings are really hard to deal with.
Bruce (12/09, born at 33 weeks), MC 01/14 Missing my Angel
Oliver (04/01/15 our Rainbow )
MTHFR, Fibromyalgia
Stouffers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #9
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stouffers3 View Post
I understand completely. I'm struggling with this a lot right now. My best friend and I got pregnant within 3 weeks of each other and it was so exciting to be pregnant together. I had a d&c at 10.5 weeks for a missed miscarriage. Over the last 2 months I've had to see her go through all these amazing things, her gender scan, her growing belly, and it's so difficult. I'm beyond jealous. I know somewhere inside I'm really happy for her but it's hard to feel it. She had a miscarriage right before this pregnancy and got pregnant right away. I've now had 2 periods and nothing so far so I'm even jealous of how fast she got pregnant again. All of these feelings are really hard to deal with.