Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #1
rchamberlain
Registered Users
seller

Anybody have 3 miscarriages in a row?

I had a D&C in January at 19 weeks. Pathology all came back negative - just a glitch with the baby that couldn't be explained.

I had a D&C yesterday at 8 weeks. No problem implanting, but baby started to break apart at 6 weeks and the sack was all misshapen at the first scan.

Doctor says I should have no trouble having another baby if we want to in the future. I know it's so early to think about even trying again, but my brain can't help but go there.

I have been blessed with 3 sweet children, but these misses have devastated me to the point of being so afraid to try again.

Has anybody had 3 in a row? The odds are so, so small, but I seem to have the odds against me so far.

Advertisement

Closing up the baby shop and enjoying my blessings.
rchamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody have 3 miscarriages in a row?

I had two in a row. I was worried about getting pregnant again and didn't know if I could emotionally handle getting pregnant again. My doctor prescribed me progesterone suppositories and told me to take a baby aspirin due to my circumstances. I now have a 4 year old DS. The what ifs are hard to work through.

Sent from my SM-N900V using diaperswappers.com mobile app
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had many very early pregnancy losses in a row, mostly blighted ovums, due to very low egg quality. I have never been able to (and never will be able to) carry a successful pregnancy with my eggs.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
First off

After my second mc I was scared to death about getting a pregnancy to stick.

When I did get pregnant my dr prescribed me progesterone suppositories. Throughout the first trimester I was afraid of everything. I started bleeding and I knew I was loosing the baby. Well she is now 3.5 years old.

Then I got pregnant again and was on progesterone like before. I thought everything was going to be fine. Started bleeding. Thought oh it will be okay since I bled with dd. three weeks after that I hemorrhaged while grocery shopping with my kids. List the baby

So dh was done. He couldn't see me go through that again.

Well god had different plans and I did get pregnant again. This time I was on progesterone like before and my dr prescribed daily dose of baby aspirin.

I started bleeding at like all my prior mc and dds pregnancy. I curled up in a ball and wanted it to be over. I went in for the us knowing that I wouldn't see the baby.

On the screen waving back to me like "hey mom I'm here and okay" was my beautiful baby. My miracle from god.

My first mc I had seen the baby's heartbeat at three different us. And no known reason why we lost him.

I hope that you never have to go through another loss again.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
rchamberlain
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, mamas.

Those hugs really do help! (as virtual as they may be!)

Closing up the baby shop and enjoying my blessings.
rchamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had 2 in a row 2yrs apart. I also lost 1 before I had my one and only baby who is now 3yrs old. My first, I didnt even realize I was pregnant due to highly irregular cycles and a history of occasionally skipping cycles altogether. We werent even ttc. When I mc'd, I KNEW. I had never exprerience anything like that EVER. 5yrs later, after 3yrs of ttc, we concieved our little boy. Full term, no problems, model pregnancy. Just before ds turned 1yr, surprise... we were pregnant. 1st US was at 9wks and baby was already gone. Total shock, never saw it coming. No spotting, cramps, NOTHING. They told me it probably died around 6.5-7wks based on what was left inside me. Took another week and a half before my body finally let it go. 2yrs of ttc later, I'm preg again. Yay but terrified and wont tell anyone but dh because of our last loss. OB sent me for an US early to put my fears to rest. At 7wks baby measured 6.5wks and had an abnormally slow heartbeat. 2wks later, US showed baby measured just over 6.5wks and no heartbeat. I already knew before I went in because I felt the loss of preg symptoms about 2 days after the 1st US which turns out to be when the heartbeat likely stopped. I feel blessed to have at least seen this baby and its beautiful heartbeat. We believe in life from conception so I rejoice and praise God that my babies are in heaven and I'll see them one day. What more could I ever hope for than to know their eternity is in heaven? I will grieve for this one (it hasnt physically passed from my body yet) just as with my others. But we will ttc again because any losses we have will be for God's glory. His plan and timing are perfect even when we only wish we could understand.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #7
SashaE80
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had 5 between my first child and second, with a few more afterwards as well. We've always had ivf and lots of problems, but i just wanted to say it is possible to carry to term again. It's not easy and you spend every second worrying but it is possible.
SashaE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #8
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks due to low progesterone, a misdiagnosed miscarriage a couple months later at 4w 6d (doctor jumped the gun and told me it was a loss, only to learn after the labs came back she was wrong), then about 6 moths after that I had another loss, baby just dissappeared despite progesterone. Here I am 2 years later and expecting again. I'm a couple days shy of 8 weeks and at 5 weeks my progesterone was just over 5. New doc put me on suppositories before the results even came back and I've had symptoms for 3 weeks straight this time. Tomorrow I go in for a follow-up viability scan. I'm fully prepared for both the best and worst outcome.

Going through 3 losses in a row was very hard. Reading other peoples stories here helped a lotions gave me hope at the time.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #9
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

I've had 3 early losses in a row now. My Dr won't test my progesterone and is convinced that it's just a fluke of bad embryos with chromosomal issues. I can't get past 5.5wks. I'm scared to keep trying as well and I also have had 3 healthy normal pregnancy's prior to going through this hell. I'm sorry for your struggles.
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #10
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikemommy
I've had 3 early losses in a row now. My Dr won't test my progesterone and is convinced that it's just a fluke of bad embryos with chromosomal issues. I can't get past 5.5wks. I'm scared to keep trying as well and I also have had 3 healthy normal pregnancy's prior to going through this hell. I'm sorry for your struggles.
I just went in for my viability scan today and saw a perfectly healthy heart beat at 8 weeks. Had my OB not put me on progesterone right away at 4w6d this would have been my 4th loss in a row.

Low progesterone is really common and so easy to treat. I don't understand why doctors have issues with prescribing it much less checking levels.

We also have 3 healthy children before I started spontaneously having low progesterone issues.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote