Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

TTC after miscarriage

Hi ladies,
Like everyone, of course, I'm sad to be here Just had a miscarriage on Mother's Day - yuk. It was a blighted ovum, and I had no idea anything was wrong until I went in for my first appt at 11 weeks and there was just a sac and yolk sac measuring 6 wks. There was a chance my dates were off, so there was a week of waiting, but ultrasound and bloodwork a week later confirmed that hcg was falling and I actually miscarried about a week and a half after the initial diagnosis.

Anyway, the pregnancy itself had been a huge surprise - we had been planning to wait til later in the summer to ttc again - but now that we've lost it I feel like I need to start ttc again now. It's almost like part of the healing process for me, I feel like. Well the mc happened a week ago and I've pretty much stopped bleeding now, but I still have a pretty obvious positive on hpt. I am supposed to be having blood work done tomorrow to see where my hcg is, but I wondered how long I should expect it taking to get back down to 0? I had thought it would clear out pretty quickly once I had passed everything, so I was surprised that there was still such an obvious positive line. I was up in the 7000's when I miscarried, so maybe that is making it take longer to go down. I'm just anxious to start trying again and wondering if there's any way to tell how long it will take before I start cycling - which obviously can't happen if my body still thinks I'm pregnant.

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hugs mama I just wanted to send my condolences and also offer you hope that soon you will get your rainbow baby. My good friend and I both had m/C's last year about the same time around Mother's Day and she is currently 28 weeks preg and I am 35 weeks preg! I will pray that soon you can say the same
((((Hugs)))) and again so sorry for your loss
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
ana3621
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC after miscarriage

So sorry for your loss. We had a miscarriage before our second daughter. At my 12 week appointment they found no heartbeat. The pregnancy itself was a surprise, but I felt exactly as you do I wanted to ttc right away. 2 Months later we were pregnant with our second DD who is 2 now. I do feel that it was part of the healing process. Sending positive vibes your way
ana3621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #4
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

It took me about 3 months to get my first cycle after my 1st miscarriage, but I have long cycles anyway. I didn't take pg tests after the miscarriage, so I don't know how long it took for the Hcg to be gone.

It did take me a while to conceive again. The waiting was hard, but I did have my rainbow baby.

I hope you get your rainbow baby soon!

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
Sk8cate
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's hard to know how your cycle will be after a miscarriage. I got my period six weeks after my first miscarriage, but my ovulation was messed up. After another miscarriage six months later, my cycle took nearly two months to return. Things can get really screwy. But, ten months later, we finally were able to conceive, and now our little guy is six months old. I will be praying for you!! The thing I encourage most for healing is to talk about it! You'll be amazed how many women have miscarried. There is such a beautiful support system out there!
Sk8cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #6
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

I'm so sorry for your loss!
I had a mc between both of my boys. I started bleeding around 12 weeks and went to the dr and they couldn't find a heartbeat. I had a D&C the next day. Your feelings of wanting to ttc are completely normal. I had mixed feelings after my mc, at times I wanted to try again right away, to sort of start fresh and fill that void. Other times I was too afraid and didn't even want to think about it. Well, it turned out that I conceived about a week after the D&C (complete surprise) and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in October.

Last edited by *TinyJoys*; 06-03-2014 at 07:17 AM.
*TinyJoys* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Hcg was down to 2 on Monday (4 days ago) so it looks like things are getting back to normal. I've been doing OPK's but super negative so far. I've started to develop a horrible overwhelming exhaustion, though, so I'm worrying about maybe anemia? I didn't feel like I lost a crazy amount of blood, but I don't know why else I would be so devastatingly tired and wear out so so quickly. Is anemia a common thing after a miscarriage?
Old 06-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boekesec View Post
Is anemia a common thing after a miscarriage?
It was for me. I remember falling asleep really frequently and feeling tired all the time. Bleeding was pretty heavy. I took an iron tablet for a few weeks and I felt better.

I hope you feel better soon!

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #9
Stouffers3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boekesec View Post
Hcg was down to 2 on Monday (4 days ago) so it looks like things are getting back to normal. I've been doing OPK's but super negative so far. I've started to develop a horrible overwhelming exhaustion, though, so I'm worrying about maybe anemia? I didn't feel like I lost a crazy amount of blood, but I don't know why else I would be so devastatingly tired and wear out so so quickly. Is anemia a common thing after a miscarriage?
I had this problem. Make sure you're taking you're vitamins. And extra iron couldn't hurt
Bruce (12/09, born at 33 weeks), MC 01/14 Missing my Angel
Oliver (04/01/15 our Rainbow )
MTHFR, Fibromyalgia
Stouffers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #10
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Thanks, I will maybe try to find an over the counter iron supplement for a bit. My regular prenatal has extra iron in it, but i was out for a couple of days and was just taking store brand, so maybe that had something to do with it. I just got a super dark OPK yesterday too, so maybe gearing up to O for the first time was related too.