Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #1
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Blessed With Children, Struggling For More Jan/Feb Thread

This thread is for women that have children who are trying to have more and struggling with infertility (IF). You fall into the IF category if you have been trying for more than a year or if you have known fertility issues. Some have secondary IF and some have primary IF. Some of us are TTC naturally and some need treatments of some type. All are welcome!
We also have women who are praying to make it. Due to prior losses or IF they don't feel like they should join a due date board till after the first 12 weeks. We are truly happy to support you as you transition. Please just keep in mind that we are a group of woman struggling with IF and be sensitive to that as you post. If you put a pregnancy ticker or smiley in your signature, please turn off your signature when you post in this thread. Thank you!

Please note: When your information needs to be updated, please highlight the area that needs to be updated. This will make it easier for me to update you. Also please post all updates in Red.

If you'd like to be added please post your info using the format below. Please note: I remove names if you are inactive for one month. This really helps keep the list more manageable, if you would like to be added back, just repost your info.

Women TTC:

Screen name (Real Name): 360blessings (Kirsten)
Children and ages: Ben (4), Nathan (almost 2)
Losses: Caleb 4-13-08 (33 weeks), two angels 9-23-10 (10 weeks), 3-5-11 (8 weeks), Samuel 7-11-13 (11 weeks) and two possible chemical pregnancies all in between
Diagnosis: CMV - Cytomegalovirus (caught while pg w/Caleb)
Treatment: When pg - lots of u/s monitoring, blood draws at each appt, aspirin, progesterone and lots of prayer!
Next Appt: none unless pregnant this cycle
Cycles TTC another: 5 years for my first pregnancy, 6 months since my latest loss

Screen name (Real Name): willownz (Helen)
Children and ages: son 8, daughter 5, daughter 3
Losses: 5 total including second trimster loss of Ben at 19 weeks in Jan 2013
Diagnosis: unexplained
Treatment:
Next Appt:
Cycles TTC another: since 2011, was due with Ben June 2013, have avoided with Mirena since he was born in Jan.

Screen name (Real Name): CurlyQ215 (Jenny)
Children and ages: daughter (2)
Losses: possible chemical in May 2013
Diagnosis: PCOS/unexplained
Treatment: 2 unsuccessful IUIs so far; in TWW for 3rd IUI
Next Appt: none unless pregnant this cycle
Cycles TTC another: 14 months; not quite so many cycles

Screen Name (Real Name): macyllehub (Macy)
Current Children and age: DD 7, DD 5, DS 3, DD 1
Losses: August/2013, almost 10 weeks.
Diagnosis: N/A
Treatment and meds: N/A

Screen Name (Real Name): cbarnbox (Crystal)
Current Children and age: DS, 12 months
Losses: none
Diagnosis: PCOS, annovulatory
Treatment and meds: TTCN at the moment, doing the Dave Ramsey plan before we will be able to afford to try medically for another. For me it is injectables + trigger + IUI (we have chosen not to pursue IVF and limit our tries to three times, after which we will close the door to more bio kids and work toward adoption) and our insurance doesn't cover IF so it is OOP. Praying for a miracle before then as it will be two more years before we can go with treatments again. :'(

Screen name: ChihuahuaMama13 (Real Name): Samantha
Children and ages: Gabe (Jan 2011)
Losses: none
Diagnosis: Possible PCOS, otherwise unexplained
Treatment: On 1000mg/day Metformin, and trying Bona Dea; tried Soy Iso (made cycles about 2 weeks longer) and B6 with no results
Next Appt: none
Cycles TTC another: Since April 2011

Women Pregnant and praying to make it. If you need to be added to this list please give your EDD and the date you will be 12 weeks. Thank you!

Screen Name (Real Name): slimy72 (Laurel)
Current Children and age: DS 5yo
Lost Children and Dates: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, Sept. 2011, Sept. 2012
Diagnosis: Endometriosis, do not ovulate regularly. Dh- MS, Celiacs, Ulcerative colitis.
Treatment and meds: Femera, Brevell, HCG trigger shot and IUI cycles. From 8 days past IUI start prometrium Always on: baby aspirin and a host of supplements and vitamins. Laprascope '09, lupron shots '09, Laproscope March of 2013.
Cycles TTC another: 4 1/2 yrs for DS, 5 yrs so far for #2.
12 week Mark: Jan. 21, 2014
EDD: Aug. 2, 2014

Screen Name (Real Name): JCPACandMommy (Carissa)
Current Children and age: one DS age 4.5
Losses: Oct 25, 2012 Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Right Ovary at 6w3d, July 28, 2013 Blighted Ovum 8w1d
Diagnosis: PCOS as of Jan '12 but I am ovulating RE said I have Old Ovaries and No PCOS?
Treatment and meds: Past: Femara 5mg once daily CD4-8,Metfomin 500mg 3x dialy, Prenatal Daily, HCG trigger ~CD12, Follistim CD 3-8, Estrace CD8-11, Ovadril Trigger CD9, IUI CD11, Endometrin CD 15 on
Current Treatment: Baby Aspirin, Metformin 1500mg daily, Prenatal, DHA supplement, Vit D3 1000mg, B6 50mg three times a day, Colace 100mg daily
Cycles TTC another: Mirena Out April 5, 2011 and trying ever since
12 week mark: Jan. 1, 2014
EDD: July 16, 2014

Screen Name (Real Name): hope4more (Mel)
Current Children and age: DS, 3
Losses: 10/12 8wks; 1/13 4.5wks; 4/13 5wks
Diagnosis: PCOS, hypothyroidism,
genetic clotting mutations (MTHFR, Factor 13, HIB, HPA), rheumatic autoimmune illness, sporadically thin lining, occasional annovulation?
Treatment and meds: cycling with RI Dr. Kwak-Kim in Chicago using synthroid 50mg, 1000mg MTHF, aspirin 81mg daily, 200 mg prometrium 4dpo-14dpo (but I don't take this because it causes muscle spasms), vitamin E, 10mg prednisone, 40mg Lovenox injections, 10mg claritin, 10mg pepcid 2xday, 1000mg methyl B12, 100mg B6, 1000 mg Metformin ER. We've overcome a LOT already and have the go ahead to ttc in December's cycle.
Next Apt: If not pregnant this cycle, then we move to un-stimmed monitored cycle for three months to confirm ovulation. If ovulation is confirmed, we add famara into our cocktail just for giggles
Cycles TTC #2: Since May 2012
12 week mark: 3/10/14
Cycles TTC #2: 9/29/14

Lurkers/Waiting to TTC/Graduates/Cheerleaders

Screen Name (Real Name):Carriek38 (Carrie)
Current Children and age: Elliott (3 yrs) & New Squishy (0)
Losses: 02/12 CP, 05/12 6wks, 10/12 CP
Diagnosis: no known fertility issues, same-sex couple
Treatment and meds: 1 natural/4 medicated IUI cycles, 2 IVF cycles

Screen Name (Real Name): amyltc (Amy)
Current Children and age: Allie (8) Hannah (5) Lucy (0)
Lost Children and dates: 1 on 12/7/12
Diagnosis: unexplained
Treatment: none
Next appointment: none
Cycles TTC another: we will be ntnp and we hope for another babe but as of now not willing to go back down the road of fertility treatments.

Screen Name (Real Name):love4leon (Rebecca)
Current Children and age: Winnie 5 years
Diagnosis: Endometriosis (Me) DH diagnosed with Low sperm count, low motility, and liquidation. 5/11 diagnosed with testicular cancer. Finished chemo August 2011
Treatment and meds: IUI done 1/2/2011, 2/5/2011, 3/2011, 4/2011 Clomid days 5-9, trigger shot and IUI on 2/14/2012,IVF starts June- Egg retrieval June 20th. Have 8 Day 5 embryos waiting for us.

Screen name: KotzurK (Real Name): Kelsie
Children and ages: Noah (Dec 2007)
Losses: Sept 06 twins 8 weeks, Feb 11 molar twins 8 weeks, Aug 12 triplets 10 weeks (Also lost DS's twin at 16 weeks) Feb 13, Baby A at 11 weeks
Diagnosis: PCOS, cervical cancer (in remission) and male factor
Treatment: Injections (Bravelle and Menopur) Ovidrel and IUI
Cycles TTC another: Since Sept 2010, including losses
IT'S A BOY!

Screen name (Real Name): heatherlovesCD's (Heather)
Children and ages: boy 6, Twins girl/boy 4, Twins boy/boy 22 months.
Losses: March '07
Diagnosis: severe male factor infertility
Treatment: IVF/FET, 1 fresh IVF cycle = 1 boy. FET's = 1 early m/c, 2 sets of twins, 1 BFN
Cycles TTC another: I don't keep track. We have been TTC since 11/10.

Screen Name (Real Name): Sillyutalktome (Jeanette)
Current Children and age: Dd - M - 6/08
Lost Children and Dates: Etopic 7/09 (8 weeks) Possible chemical 6/10
Diagnosis: tubal infertility & male factor
Treatment and meds:1st IVF 10/18/11 BFN, FET planned for January

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 01-17-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed With Children, Struggling For More Jan/Feb Thread

HI! I do have one update to mine, sorry I must have gotten it wrong: EDD: Aug 2, 2014
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:07 AM   #3
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can't change the color from my phone if you find this, please change my next appointment to none.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I'm beyond curious... Mel- last thread you said you got a + opk, did you get O confirmed? How did everything go? Are you still waiting and on drugs or have you moved on in treatment yet?
Old 01-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
So I'm beyond curious... Mel- last thread you said you got a + opk, did you get O confirmed? How did everything go? Are you still waiting and on drugs or have you moved on in treatment yet?
Well, we had the snow storm of the century, and I'm fighting with my OB who likes to label my u/s as for IVF purposes so I have to pay cash (which is BS, its for a medical problem caused by a D&C one of HIS doctors gave me, but I digress), so I decided to skip it this cycle. Kwak said if I had a +OPK followed by confirmed O with temps/OvaCue, she's count it as legit after I proved all the doctors wrong last cycle So OvaCue went up to 301 Tuesday morning, which means O was late Monday or during the wee night hours early Tuesday (normal readings just before O are around 130-150). So I am starting testing on Monday, January 13th!!!

On FF, I have a High rating with 0-3, 0-1, 0, 0+1, and O was on CD15. The only other time I 0'd that early and actively tried was in January 2010, when we conceived DS. So I'm especially hopeful this cycle. Great timing, great egg quality, estrogen patch and autoimmune protocol, and Lovenox? It sounds like a match!!!!!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Old 01-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
HI! I do have one update to mine, sorry I must have gotten it wrong: EDD: Aug 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13 View Post
I can't change the color from my phone if you find this, please change my next appointment to none.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
both of these are updated
Old 01-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
Well, we had the snow storm of the century, and I'm fighting with my OB who likes to label my u/s as for IVF purposes so I have to pay cash (which is BS, its for a medical problem caused by a D&C one of HIS doctors gave me, but I digress), so I decided to skip it this cycle. Kwak said if I had a +OPK followed by confirmed O with temps/OvaCue, she's count it as legit after I proved all the doctors wrong last cycle So OvaCue went up to 301 Tuesday morning, which means O was late Monday or during the wee night hours early Tuesday (normal readings just before O are around 130-150). So I am starting testing on Monday, January 13th!!!

On FF, I have a High rating with 0-3, 0-1, 0, 0+1, and O was on CD15. The only other time I 0'd that early and actively tried was in January 2010, when we conceived DS. So I'm especially hopeful this cycle. Great timing, great egg quality, estrogen patch and autoimmune protocol, and Lovenox? It sounds like a match!!!!!
GL! I hope this is your cycle!
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #8
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post

I hope do. But even if it's not it's still one step closer!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
turtledance
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm wondering if I can join in here? I just had my first failed IUI and am feeling kind of down. I have a mountain of fertility issues to overcome, however, we have not been trying for a year yet this go around, so I am not sure I fit in. I am moving on to my next IUI and hoping for better luck this time. I wish all of you the best and hope you are holding little ones soon.

Screen Name (Real Name): Turtledance
Current Children and age: DS (6) DD (almost 4)
Losses: lost twin with DS pregnancy (7 weeks), 9 week loss 8/13, chemical pregnancies
Diagnosis: Endometriosis, adenomyosis, low AMH, luteal phase defect, celiac disease, surgically corrected uterine septum, male factor
Treatment and meds: 1 unsuccessful IUI, Letrozole CD 3-7, ovidrel trigger shot, IUI, progesterone
Next Appointment: u/s Monday before next IUI cycle

Momma to my crazy little Snuggle Muttin (6-8-07)
and my sweet Cuddle Bug (2-13-10)
turtledance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtledance
I'm wondering if I can join in here? I just had my first failed IUI and am feeling kind of down. I have a mountain of fertility issues to overcome, however, we have not been trying for a year yet this go around, so I am not sure I fit in. I am moving on to my next IUI and hoping for better luck this time. I wish all of you the best and hope you are holding little ones soon. Screen Name (Real Name): Turtledance Age: 31 Current Children and age: DS (6) DD (almost 4) Losses: lost twin with DS pregnancy (7 weeks), 9 week loss 8/13, chemical pregnancies Diagnosis: Endometriosis, adenomyosis, low AMH, luteal phase defect, celiac disease, surgically corrected uterine septum, male factor Treatment and meds: 1 unsuccessful IUI, Letrozole CD 3-7, ovidrel trigger shot, IUI, progesterone Next Appointment: u/s Monday before next IUI cycle
Welcome! We hope your stay is short! I will add you to roll call when I'm at a computer!