Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #11
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Miscarriage--Do I need to go to the ER?

Thank you all. I'm so sorry for your losses as well. It just plain sucks

I would be 13 weeks now and baby stopped growing at 8 wks 5 days so it has already been a little over 4 weeks (even though I just found out). I have had a slightly weird feeling kind of a super mild crampy feeling (but not actual cramps) since the transvaginal ultrasound but no spotting, bleeding, or cramps. How long does it usually take? This waiting is horrible. I still feel nauseous and took a zofran this morning. It seemed weird to take it but I'm still feeling sick. My DD's 4th birthday/party is in a little over two weeks and I'm so worried that I'll be in the middle of the miscarriage then.

Advertisement

jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #12
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sorry for your loss. Have you spoken to your midwife yet? You can choose to have a D&C if you don't want to wait anymore. For me, I started spotting at 11 weeks and the ultrasound showed that the pregnancy ended at 7 weeks. I arranged to have a D&C the next day but ended up bleeding HEAVILY and passing clots that night, so I went to ER and laboured for a while before getting an emergency D&C due to blood loss. Getting the D&C without the blood loss would have been less traumatic, all things considered, but it was good to know that my body was able to recognize the loss on its own. Some women take medication to move things along because they want to avoid the D&C. It is up to you what you want to do.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #13
Lizp86
Registered Users formerly:grayelizabeth06
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was in the ER last night for a miscarriage. Their directions were to go back in if soaking more than 1 pad an hour for 3 hours, fever of 100.4 or higher, weakness, dizziness, fainting and increasing lower abdominal pain. Avoid sexual intercourse, do not douche or use tampons for the next 3 weeks.

Sorry we are both dealing with this.

Since I was passing large clots, I opted to not have a D & C and go back in later if needed to check if one is needed.

Last edited by Lizp86; 03-13-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Lizp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #14
Lizp86
seller
seller

My Mood:

Forgot to say so sorry for your loss
Old 03-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #15
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

My midwife said it would likely happen within the next week or so. I was reading online that it could take longer though. She did say she could give me something to speed up the process and did mention a d & c as an option. I'm just not sure what I want to do. I've been reading too much online and am now terrified of hemorrhaging. I'm so sorry to everyone else going through this.

Last edited by jessca06; 03-13-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #16
Lizp86
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessca06 View Post
My midwife said it would likely happen within the next week or so. I was reading online that it could take longer though. She did say she could give me something to speed up the process and did mention a d & c as an option. I'm just not sure what to do. I've been reading too much online and am now terrified of hemorrhaging. I'm so sorry to everyone else going through this.
The ER said, that you can refuse any test. With you knowing it is a miscarriage , you could always have them run your hemoglobin and counts to make sure those are ok if you start to pass clots and are worried about hemoraging. The ER told me the condition of your blood gives them a good indication since my numbers were ok, they were fine with me waiting.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

It is a scary time when you don't know when or how it will happen. It's really up to you whether you want to wait, move things along, or get the D&C. I don't envy your position though (although I have been there myself). Once I started bleeding, the choice got easier for me.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #18
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm still not spotting or bleeding. I've had super mild crampy feeling (like mild period cramping) every so often. I talked to my midwife again this morning and went over my options. She said there is something they can give me that should make it happen in 6-24 hrs (I think that was the time range she gave me). Then if it doesn't happen they can give it to me again (I think she said 24 hrs later). Or I can schedule a d&c or I can wait.

I had a miscarriage about 5 years ago before my kids were born but I don't remember everything. I was 10 weeks for that miscarriage but baby had stopped growing around 6-7 weeks. I had gone to the ER when contractions started (which is why I wasn't sure if I needed to go this time). I passed baby and everything at the hospital. That time I didn't really know in advance that I had lost the baby. I had had spotting and then woke up having contractions.

Honestly, I'm terrified. I'm sure I'll sound like a whiny baby, but I didn't have 2 kids last time and my husband just happened to be home when it started last time. I can call him and hope he can come home if he isn't already home and my mom lives pretty close by. I'm worried about hemorrhaging. I'm worried about my kids. My son is still nursing (he's 22 months) and I'm worried about nursing him while going through this.

I don't want to ruin my daughter's birthday party (on the 29th). I don't know if I should reschedule it but at this point I have no idea what is happening and when.

I'm worried about a d&c. Is it painful? Are you knocked out during it? I'm worried about cost--not sure what my insurance would pay. I guess I can call the insurance company and ask.

How long after either a natural miscarriage or a d&c do you feel a little better (like good enough to have a birthday party)? I'm trying to judge how long to wait. I'm sorry for rambling...just trying to get all my thoughts out.

Last edited by jessca06; 03-17-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

A d&c I was out for one and highly drugged for another
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #20
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

I talked to my midwife again and she said that I would be completely out for the d&c. How long until you feel ok again after either a d&c or miscarrying on your own. I guess right now I'm trying to decide if I want to take the drug to make my body miscarry faster or get the d&c.