Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Missed Miscarriage:(

Sadly, this is my 2nd missed mc in a row 2yrs apart. I want to mc naturally like I did last time but am wondering how long is normal for this to take place? My last mc, my body finally let go a little over a week after the dr told me the baby was gone. But this one seems to be taking an eternity. Maybe bc I knew so much sooner? At 7wks, baby measured 6.5wks and had a slow heartbeat. At 9wks, baby barely measured over 6.5wks and no heartbeat. I am now over 10wks and my body still hasnt let go. Is this normal?
Dr says I'm fine as long as no fevers/chills. I do not want to take the misoprostol (on standby at my local pharmacy if I need it) and will avoid a d&c at all cost. So how long is too long?

Advertisement

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
carisparis
Registered Users
seller

Re: Missed Miscarriage:(

I have no idea but I am sending you big hugs. I can't even imagine how that must feel. Please know I'm thinking about you, even though you don't know me.
carisparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
rchamberlain
Registered Users
seller

I have no idea either. I didn't have the option of going on my own since I started bleeding internally and didn't know about it. I had D&Cs the day after each of my ultrasounds.

I can't imagine how emotionally hard that must be for you. I pray that God gives you perfect peace and strength.

Closing up the baby shop and enjoying my blessings.
rchamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. My last mc was much more traumatic for me. I went in at 9wks for my 1st US without a clue that anything could be wrong. Baby had already disappeared and nothing was left but the yolk sac. No bleeding, cramping.... nothing. My body let it go a little over a week later.
This mc is much the same in that there are no symptoms such as bleeding or cramping at all. Even now. But I feel blessed that I at least had an idea that there was a problem, this time. I saw this baby and its heartbeat and knew what might be coming in advance so I was prepared and had already come to terms with the loss before it was confirmed.
But now I am stuggling with the "how much longer?" I want to wait on God's timing and fully trust in whatever reason He has for prolonging this loss for what feels like an eternity. But in all honesty, part of me just wants it out of my body pronto now that I am fully aware that it is no longer alive. I cannot make myself take the misoprostol (dh doesnt care for the idea either but will support any decision I make about this) and I am terrified at the thought of a d&c. But my extended family is worried about my physical and emotional health the longer it drags out. I cant blame them, really.
Thankyou all for listening. I just really need an outlet for how I am feeling about it all as I wait.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have had many miscarriages and all went on own except the last one. i tried the meds cause I waited 2 weeks and nothing (I was terribly miserable with morning sickness) my dr gave me meds, and it didnt work. I used angelica or dong quia tincture 2 weeks after that and it worked in 4 hrs. I had been waiting 4 1/2 weeks after confirmed loss. I was done waiting any longer as I was sick with nausea even then.
maybe you can find that herb in a tincture near you?

Last edited by homebirthmom; 05-03-2014 at 08:53 PM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

My friend had to wait a few weeks, but it did eventually happen.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #7
itslilma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Xoxoxo.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
i have had many miscarriages and all went on own except the last one. i tried the meds cause I waited 2 weeks and nothing (I was terribly miserable with morning sickness) my dr gave me meds, and it didnt work. I used angelica or dong quia tincture 2 weeks after that and it worked in 4 hrs. I had been waiting 4 1/2 weeks after confirmed loss. I was done waiting any longer as I was sick with nausea even then.
maybe you can find that herb in a tincture near you?
Thanks. I'm not interested in forcing my body to do this unless it becomes medically neccessary.
I may sound crazy to some, but I keep having nightmares about the possible consequences of forcing this according to my timeline instead of waiting for God's perfect timing. I believe there is a reason that God is allowing my loss to drag out so long... a reason that will ultimately glorify Him if I fully submit to His plan for my life rather than live according to my own selfish desires.

I am asking those mamas who have experienced a missed miscarriage and chose to wait for it to happen naturally: how long did you have to wait after the loss was confirmed?
Old 05-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #9
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know there was one mama on here and she waited 2 months after confirmed loss. It was during the holidays too

So sorry for your loss mama
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #10
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Friend's loss happened around week 12 but she had to wait something like 4 weeks before she finally mc. She felt just as you do about waiting for Gods timing. As long as like your dr said theresno sign of infection- waiting will eventually work.