Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Misoprostol didnt work :(

TWICE!! This has got to be the longest most drawn out mc of all time. I tried to mc naturally just as I was able to with my previous mc's but after waiting a month from when the baby's heartbeat stopped (it's been nearly 2 months now), my ob insisted I make a decision to either take misoprostol or schedule a d&c. And I completely understood her concern. She was worried about my physical health and with this being my 3rd mc, she wanted me to be able to move forward emotionally, as well. So I took the misoprostol. It didn't go nearly as bad as I expected or remembered from my previous experiences, so it was no surprise to find out at my followup that not everything had come out. So I was prescribed misoprostol AGAIN and I was given more detailed instructions on how my ob wanted me to administer the meds to ensure that they were better absorbed by my body. I followed these instructions to the letter and it was without a doubt as horrible of an experience as I remember. So imagine my surprise when my next followup said that STILL not everything had come out. None of my drs want me taking herbal remedies for this because I have other pending medical issues that they are trying to figure out and the herbs may or may not adversely affect the results of some of the tests that are being done. So I am scheduled for a d&c later this week.
Has anyone ever had this happen? I mean seriously? 2 rounds of misoprostol and it's STILL not over?
And when on earth will I get my cycle back after this is actually over? I've never seen a thread about THIS happening.

Advertisement

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not the same experience at all but I had this medication when I delivered our still born son and it was by far the most awful experience ever...I will never take it again...I have never felt cramping and contractions like that any other time. I'm so sorry for your losses...
Old 05-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Couldn't read this without offering hugs. Sorry I do t have experience with that. (I've either mc naturally or had d&c)

Hopefully someone has answers for you.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Misoprostol didnt work :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post

Couldn't read this without offering hugs. Sorry I do t have experience with that. (I've either mc naturally or had d&c)

Hopefully someone has answers for you.
Thanks. I'm just ready for it to be over already. It's lasted soooo long now. And crazy as it sounds, it feels like 3 mc's even though I know it's just 1 long drawn out unviable pregnancy. Every time I think it's almost over and I'll actually be able to heal physically and move on emotionally, I find out I have to start the process all over again. I can't help but wonder what exactly God's preparing me for or what lesson I'm supposed to be learning from this experience.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:23 AM   #5
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to offer some hugs... I've been there and had a never ending miscarriage last summer. From May until July. I know how exhausting it is. It's so hard to move on when you are still MCing. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can you drink red raspberry tea? I used it with both of my last losses, the first time because the Bleeding picked back up and doctor blew me off when I told her I was almost soaking a pad per hour for almost a week. 3-4 cups of tea in 1 day stopped the bleeding for me.

The second time I used it just to keep things moving smoothly and it also sped my recovery. For me it induces a lot of cramps when I'm miscarrying.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #7
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Chocolate View Post
Can you drink red raspberry tea? I used it with both of my last losses, the first time because the Bleeding picked back up and doctor blew me off when I told her I was almost soaking a pad per hour for almost a week. 3-4 cups of tea in 1 day stopped the bleeding for me.

The second time I used it just to keep things moving smoothly and it also sped my recovery. For me it induces a lot of cramps when I'm miscarrying.
I've never even heard of that, to be honest. But I am no longer bleeding at all and the US still shows tissue from the pregnancy after taking misoprostol twice. The meds were no fun.... I cramped like crazy. But apparently not enough. D&C already scheduled.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have you tried the angelica tincture? try that before d &c
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #9
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
have you tried the angelica tincture? try that before d &c
I did ask the owner of our local herb shop but he does not carry it so I would have to order it online. My dr asked me not to go that route, though, because of another medical condition that was recently diagnosed. Because they are still running tests to find the cause of this other condition, they dont want me taking anything that could possibly affect my test results.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #10
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm really sorry I know that you wanted to do it naturally. I have had a D&C with a 19 week MC (development stopped around 15 weeks). It was hard but it was over fast, i wasn't allowed to try to let it go natural because it had been retained for weeks already and i was bleeding a lot.(not sure that i agree with that doctors decision, but i was not in an emotional state to really fight his decision) The positive side is that it is over fast and then you can begin the healing process. I'm sorry, i know how hard it is. Hugs and positive thoughts.
MommaMarty is offline   Reply With Quote