Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #281
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
My 2 year old has been coming into our bed 4/7 nights a week for like 3 months. No idea why. No idea how to stop it.

Finished easter shopping today. One less thing to think about before baby comes. Ppl keep texting me to see how im feeling. Gah. I'll let you know if i go into labor!!

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #282
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 17th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
We treat DD1s ear infections because her earmolds from her cochlear implants close off her ears and things just fester.
I use Similasan Earache Relief....it's OTC and Homeopathic. I've told several friends about it and we all swear by the stuff. Will not out most ear infections in 2 days. Not sure if your DD could use them with the implants?? But it's worth checking out.

Ped told me when my son was young that most ear infections are viral and antibiotics don't fix it anyway. The only way to tell viral vs bacterial is to remove some of the fluid and test it.....dr's just opt for antibiotics with everyone to save the child pain I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Also, my 2yo has been waking up at night.. inexplicably... 2 or 3 nights in a row now

why is my 2yo being a newborn? not cool, kiddo... not cool. You try that tonight and mom is taking the music box off the wall. or something. it's hard to say.
My 2 and 5 yr olds have been taking turns....last night they both woke up at least once. DH is taking care of it lately though. He says, I'll have to get up with the newbie so he can handle the big kids. Even still when they wake up, it usually takes me a hour or more to get back to slept. DH can get up and still be back asleep before I am

Guess our kids are by nice by getting us ready for a lack of sleep.......

Quote:
We don't have separate well/sick areas, but there's never very many people there. Now the urgent care is a totally different story...uck....
Guess I should count my blessings for that at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
We don't have separate waiting areas - just one big room - but if our kids are sick enough to go to the Dr, they stay in our laps and touch nothing. I hate when sick kids are in there coughing and gagging and wiping their noses... and then playing with the toys
Yeah, never understood community toys in a dr's office. Umm, can we say GROSS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Finished easter shopping today. One less thing to think about before baby comes. Ppl keep texting me to see how im feeling. Gah. I'll let you know if i go into labor!!
Yeah for getting things crossed off the list!

It's the same for me......"How are you today?"....."Still laying in the bed"...."Good that's what you should be doing!".....Umm, Thanks Dr!

My MIL is one of the worst most of the time. But this go 'round is mild, since my SIL was having twins, she's been the one being aggravated.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #283
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Glad your DH is getting busy on the room for you!! Hope it all gets done
Thanks! Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
I know you're relieved to have things started!

AFM: Just got a call that urine test was fine, some protein but not enough to worry about. Yay! I've been having contractions all morning long. Ranging degrees of intensity. I'm trying to get the house in order but it seems like the more I do the more there is to be done. Ugh. My goal is to at least get the laundry done!
I sure am!

for you with those contractions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
Honestly, I can't remember the last time I have been on antibiotics...hmm. Over 10 years.
I have to take them at least once, if not 2+ times, while nursing - I get mastitis bad with each nursling. Sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyj931 View Post
she has made such a good transition to her big girl bed-praying it continues when baby arrives!

Dug a dress out of my closet for a wedding tonight. Not sure I look the best in it, but at this point, I don't care!
I'm kinda dreading moving Levi to DD's old room (when things are done) and into a big bed!

Have fun at the wedding!!

Quote:
And we can't reason with her because she doesn't wear her cochlear to bed. Ugh!!! I want to go to the hospital just to sleep!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I have got to get out this week and pick up stuff for Easter. I have a prenatal on Wed, so if nothing else I'll do it after that.
That's gotta be annoying! It's aggravating me enough that people keep saying "You haven't had that kid yet?" when they see me.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #284
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
I use Similasan Earache Relief....it's OTC and Homeopathic. I've told several friends about it and we all swear by the stuff. Will not out most ear infections in 2 days. Not sure if your DD could use them with the implants?? But it's worth checking out.
When I say treat them I mean only the bad ones. Once a year-ish she gets them so bad she's screaming in pain, and has huge pustules that could burst any moment. We don't do antibiotics for the mild ones. I have yet to have any measurable relief for my children from homeopathic remedies, but I'll keep those in mind to try for the next mild one.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #285
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
We don't have separate waiting areas - just one big room -
AFM: Well, DH is actually getting things started - emptied the room out, emptied cupboards and pulled them off the wall, and DS1 wanted to help out, so he climbed up and ripped the ceiling down Big guy - I made sure to take a pic of him, all masked and glasses, hammer in hand!
I'm feeling like maybe, just maybe it'll get done. Maybe. and and anything else I can think of!
I don't think our pediatrician has separate waiting areas, but no one really has to wait because it's such a small town. The one time we went (so we could establish a pediatrician here), we were the only ones there. Same for my OB. I complained to DH that I never get to read the magazines because they get me in too fast....I walk in, they give me a cup to pee in, I do that, walk out of the bathroom and the nurse weighs me and takes my BP. Then my OB or MW is in the room in a couple minutes. At the last OB I went to, DH and the girls went to lunch, DD2 had a nap, they climbed all the stair cases in the building, and I was still waiting in the waiting room after 2.5 hours.

I'm glad your DH got started on the room!!

My DH is making lots of progress on the bedroom, as he is now ready to put the hardwood floor in. But to do the wood floors, he needs to do the hallway first so it can be continuous flooring. Well, there was just a small doorway into the hallway, and we wanted it opened up and need to do that before doing the floors. So, today DH took the sledge hammer and started knocking down the wall....it's cinder block so it's a huge pain, and there is dust everywhere, a tarp hanging from the ceiling, and wood planks helping to support the ceiling until he puts a support beam across the new doorway. That's exactly what we should be doing 2 weeks before my due date.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #286
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

new week, new thread
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote