Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

special underwear for c-sections recovery?????

Has anyone tried the c panty or bellefit? I am having my first c-section here in two weeks and I am trying to figure out what I need to help aide in the recovery. They are both expensive but I am willing to pay it out if it means an easier recovery.

Or is there anything else that works really well in the recovery process?

Advertisement

Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: special underwear for c-sections recovery?????

I've never had a c-section but I have a bellefit. I love the way it feels and the support it gives. Plus it pushes my hips back in and I feel like I get back to my old self quicker.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #3
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I've never had a c-section but I have a bellefit. I love the way it feels and the support it gives. Plus it pushes my hips back in and I feel like I get back to my old self quicker.

That is what I am thinking the support would be nice especially after a fifth pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #4
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought a small because that's my pre-pregnancy size. So for the first few weeks I wear it support garment in medium. Once I've lost a pounds and my body isn't so sore I swish into the bellefit and wear that for awhile.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #5
Dani303
Registered Users
seller

Not sure about those products, but I just had a c-section 7 weeks ago and didn't buy anything extra from what they gave me at the hospital. The hospital will have these "lovely" mesh undies to wear with gigantic pads since you'll still have lots of vaginal bleeding even with a c-section (they even let me bring some
extras home). You'll definitely want undies that are loose and come up high, because the incision will be very sensitive for a while. As for belly support, they also gave me an abdominal binder at the hospital. It's white with Velcro and kind of looks like a back brace. I'm sure they just tacked it onto my hospital bill somewhere, but I didn't pay for it separately. It will definitely flatten your tummy and give support, but is visible under clothes. I would definitely recommend it for the first week or two, because the extra support makes it easier to walk. Any bouncing/jiggling while walking after a c-section is definitely painful, but walking is also crucial for a quicker recovery. You may want something more flattering for postpartum slimming after those first couple of weeks. Undercover Mamma makes a cool nursing tank that clips onto nursing bras and even has a slimming version that may be a good option for you if you plan on nursing. Best of luck!

Last edited by Dani303; 11-09-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Dani303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
MommaRivet
Registered Users

Not sure about those items but hospital provided me with a belly binder that helped loads. But tbh my insicion site was so sensitive for the first 3 weeks after baby I didn't want anything to touch it most days. I had little to no support after baby though and had to do alot on my own right away. Load up on the mesh undies those things are gold!
MommaRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #7
Julesmom
Registered Users

I would hold off and see how you feel before making any expensive purchases. I didn't feel like I needed any belly binders or anything else.. but some of the ladies on my birth club board swore by the bellefit. I had a super easy recovery (physically, anyway) and was fine with the mesh undies for a few days then back to my regular undies.
Julesmom is offline   Reply With Quote