Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
mbosh237
Registered Users
seller

Has it ever just hit you?

I guess this whole time I kept telling myself that we have time. We have time to talk about a girls name, we have time to get things arranged, we have time to dig everything out of storage, blah blah blah. All of a sudden it hit me last night that we are down to 9 weeks. Barely over 2 months. All of a sudden I feel like we have NO time!

We have very briefly thrown out girls names, but never a discussion about what name to choose. We already have a boys name. We talked last night about it and how we are all of a sudden getting close (like we didn't have the last 7 months to prepare...lol) and that we needed to decide on somthing.

I just dug my dipes out of storage, so at least I have those in the house! I still have to sort all the clothes and take out all the gender neutral ones.

I haven't even read any natural childbirthing books yet! I wanted to at least read one on the Bradley method. I just hope it isn't too late. I hate this unprepared feeling!!!

Advertisement

mbosh237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has it ever just hit you?

HA! I am so with you. I am down to 4 weeks. The only thing I have ready is DIAPERS. I don't have her cradle out(she'll probably be in our bed anyway) I need to get more clothes, I need to get a car seat! We don't have a name picked. I don't even have room to put the cradle! Yikes. Now you are panicing me.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We agreed on a boys name quickly, but only decided on a girls name the day before, and a couple days before my dd's were born! Both slept in the bassinet for 4-5 months until dh put the cribs up! Don't worry...baby won't know the difference!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Last night we went to Lowe's to get a hose to fill up the pool, and on the way back, I told my husband that I was still expecting to just wake up one day not pregnant. Like, its all been a really strange dream. I am getting things ready, organizing, trying to keep the pantry stocked, the laundry caught up, since he could come any day, but it still hasn't hit me that its real. I try to imagine what its going to be like to have him here, and I draw a blank. Maybe its supposed to be this way... so we don't get too freaked out in advance?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #5
bethiecow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes! Heck, I didn't even start on the nursery until a month ago. I bought stuff before then, but it didn't seem real. It still doesn't, except for every once in awhile, where like you said, it hits me. I get so excited when that happens. I can't believe we're about to have another baby any day now!

bethiecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I suppose....although we've looked at names. We just cant decide on anything we just love, besides Lily. We both think Lily is going to be "too popular" for our liking.
I need to find my pump, and all of the tiny pieces....
buy baby girl clothes,
Wash everything bedding clothing diapers etc.
Find my carriers,
Get things for me for after the birth, tucks pads, breast pads, sposie pads (or mama pads I havent secided yet.) a few nursing bras that dont look like they are 10 yrs old!

I guess I should start getting this stuff now, my ds was a month early and I'm due in March.
Jackie

Last edited by blessed with boys; 01-10-2007 at 04:22 PM.
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
Mommy2Nick&Luke
Registered Users

My Mood:

im there with u too i have his clothes ready well some what i cant even get diaps i cant afford them im so depressed so im gonna have to us spozies....again.....i got untill april but we may get induced in march so not much time left either hmm ahh and we just moved lol so everything is still packed and i have no idea where its all at grr help lol
Old 01-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
Mommy2Nick&Luke
Registered Users

My Mood:

we dont have names either lol i like lucas or jacxson or um gage lol and dh hates gage lol and wont answer me on the other too his mom wants us to name baby ALBERT and no way in hell will i do that to my baby lol sorry if ur son is albert lol but i just cant do that to my kid lol her ex husbands name is al and she keep sayin gu can call him al for short and i just keep thinking yeah shes still obssesd...grr i hate that name
Old 01-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
muppet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am down to two weeks and it is only starting to hit me. we don't know baby's sex and just last week we came up with a boy's name. still not sure about it, but i guess it's better than "hey you."
muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #10
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I'm just crazy, but I don't have a sense of urgency about anything right now... I'm at the point where I just want to have the baby.... regardless of whether or not I'm as prepared as I should *want* to be. LOL!!
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote