Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
Registered Users
3 Self Initiated Potty Trips in 24 hours!!

About a month ago I set up a non-negotiable morning and evening potty time. I didn't care if DS (just 24 months) really went or not. We would sit and read a short story and about 2/3 of the time he would pee. Other times he only sat there for 30 seconds.

Then twice spontaneously yesterday, and again this morning, DS told me he had to pee. He had already wet his diaper but I sat him down with a book and went about my business and he peed!!

Hope I haven't just jinxed myself, but I had to share!!

PS, I think something that helped inspire this was to place a rolled up blanket on the floor around his potty chair to create a little "bathroom" of his own. He really likes to go in and close the "door" while he sits on the potty.

Kimberly, wife to Martin , Catholic, Waldorf, RIE inspired mama to Benjamin David(2-14-11) and Mariah Celeste(3/28/13) Trying everyday to love this world in the right way.
Zoethink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: 3 Self Initiated Potty Trips in 24 hours!!

That's great! Your DS is at a great age for potty learning and it sounds like he is at the "I'm peeing" stage, which is one step before "I have to pee," when they actually know with enough warning to make it to the potty before going.
WinterBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

cool bmy 22month will sign diaper usually by cheszt or tummy but that she doesnt want to stay wet.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

congrats! fingers crossed that this is just the start of many!
Vegan wife to my BFF and love, J . CoSleeping, ing, BFing , babywearing, selective vax'ing, non-circing mama to G 3/22/11.
azsuma1 is offline   Reply With Quote