Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
mrsrlgs12
Registered Users

I am officially up for worst mom of the year

I am the worst mommy ever. My DD has fallen off of something 3 times in the last 5 days! First was the bed as we were sleeping on Friday then last night the couch and today AGAIN off the couch. Todays was right onto the top of her head. I called her pedi in tears. And now she is working on standing up and keeps falling over as soon as I am not right beside her. I feel so bad! She can stand on her own with no help so god forbid I walk away from her for a second.

Advertisement

mrsrlgs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
kittykat2481
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I am officially up for worst mom of the year

Awww... These things happen. DS has a nice bruise right in the middle of his forehead because he thinks he can run, when he can actually barely walk. I'm sure your dd will have plenty more spills as she goes from babyhood to toddlerhood.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
cedricsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It happens. The good thing is she will become really good in standing by herself and that really quickly. I thought ds would not survive those first days when he started to stand and pull himself up. Don't feel bad, everybody on here has been there....
Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Hey no I'm getting that award, you'll have to take runner-up!

mama kids hurt themselves all the time and I don't think even standing over them all the time would prevent all of it. It's just part of growing and developing.

If it makes you feel any better my son has a scratch on his forehead and two big ones on his nose from diving off the couch yesterday. And that was when his dad was watching him, his dad is much better than I am at actually watching.

GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
miabean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My little guy fell and got a HUGE hemotoma on the side of his head. It was squishy and really scary.

lactivist, intactivist, cloth diapering, crazy mama to THREE boys
miabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #6
Mommameyer00
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are not a bad mom! It's all natural, they have to learn one way or another to walk and falling is just part of the process. Now, you just know she's trying harder to do things on her own when you arent there for a minute.

My 8 year old, seems to forget how to walk now and falls down all the time, because she's SO clumsy.

~Kristi~Wife to Matt, Mom to Katy-8 and Arianna-4 and Gabriel-6/15/09
Mommameyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The other day at the ENT, I put my leg out to stop Kole from running while I was filling out papers. He hit the edge of my foot, lost his balance and hit a table head first. It was in front of a roomful of other mothers.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aww stuff happen momma. I feel so bad for you, I know the feeling all to well. I remember DH was downstairs goofing off and the phonw was ringing, someone was at the door and Ben decided it was a good time to practice rolling and fell of the couch head first, he was like 6 weeks old. DH didn't talk to me for hours! I don't think he really understood how easy things can happen till a few weeks later when he banged Ben's head into the corner of the wall while carrying him.
Anyway we all feel like that from time to time. It is because we love our LO's so much and want to do the absolute best for them. But we are human and things happen. Try to be easy on yourself.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

No, you're not. LOL
My second (crazy) DD had what we lovingly referred to as her perma-bruise on her forehead from 11-20 months. She was constantly falling off or hitting things, including when she fell off the bottom stair and hit our tile, resulting in a GIANT egg and a bruise that lasted 2 months. That was while I was sitting right beside her, coincidentally putting up a baby gate. It happens, they're tough, and you're a good mommy!
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #10
HobbyHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mommytimestwo
seller

dd falls on her head all the time. She's just top heavy. They will get their balance worked out soon enough- they just have to grow into it, its all new to them right now. dont worry about it.
HobbyHouse is offline   Reply With Quote