Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
mommaof2boys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Angry What does he expect?

Sorry mamas, but I'm back to vent again. If it weren't for deadbeats, I wouldn't have to. Isaiah's father hasn't spoken to him since his visit 1 1/2 weeks ago. I finally called him today to see what his problem was and he gives me a million excuses of why he doesn't have my number saved anywhere. He's gotten it in an email, on both his cells phones, and on his caller id at home. His excuse was he deletes all his emails, broke both phones, and his caller id at home only holds 10 calls. He didn't even want to talk to his son.

Then he goes on to say that he wants to have ds over to his house for the visits. Oh heck no...and that's exactly what I told him. He has had 3 visits with Isaiah since getting out of prison 5 months ago, and wasn't there for the first 5 years of ds's life. That's like me letting some perfect stranger have him for the night. Ds doesn't know him whatsoever, and really could care less to. Why does his father expect to become daddy overnight? My son doesn't even call him dad, he calls him by his name. I'm so confused and lost right now. I feel like giving up, changing my number and moving away. I need som einformation on separated parents for him to read so that he understands more of what is best for ds. can anyone help?

Advertisement

mommaof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
prd2CD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does he expect?

i don't know of any reading material but i am so sorry you are going through this. if he wants to have him over, can't he just spend that time with him at your home instead? that is heartbreaking that he hasn't even called.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
mikoto127
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No advice, just
Old 01-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
mommaof2boys
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks mamas. He comes to our home for the visits because I have other kids and I'm not going to run around with them to make him happy. He gets the visits at our house but he wants more. He says he doesn't get enough time. And that I don't give him enough opportunity. I've told him he can come over whenever he wants as long as I have prior notice but he says he doesn't get enough time then. errr
mommaof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Theres no way I'd let him take him over night! I agree with him spending more time with his father at your house where your DS is comfortable and you can supervise if that works for you. Sorry thats such a difficult situation!