Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Weight gain frustrations!

I'm packing on the pounds quickly, even though I typically eat healthy and don't over eat. I hate it because at this rate I'll be the largest I've ever been (this is #4). I'm finally now beginning to look pregnant rather than like I gained like 13-15 lbs.

Just venting. I'm so discouraged!

Advertisement

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight gain frustrations!

I'm due in August but i wanted to sympathize with you. Weight gain had been great up until last doc appointment. I had been watching weight gain carefully because i started out overweight. up until that appointment i was great. (like 9 pounds great.) Then i gained six more! yikes! i'm still within the "normal range" but i was feeling really bad about myself. So i feel your pain! I am eating SO healthy and avoiding sugar, to avoid GD! The way i carry my baby is right out in front. I look like some women do just before birth. People say when are you due, and i say "end of August" and they say "Whoa" "Yikes" "wow, still a ways to go." Thanks folks! lol Trying so hard to just stay focused on the health and not worry about the comments or the numbers. I'm so on your side! my doc gave me great advice he said "I will tell you if i'm worried, until then, don't worry and keep being as healthy as you can be. and tell people "shut up, my doctor says my weight gain is right on track."
MommaMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
aravae
Registered Users
seller

Hey mamas,

Not pregnant at the moment, but wanted to encourage both of you. Your body knows what you need to grow that baby. I know how frustrating it is, but try to just focus on getting a good variety of healthy foods. You need a lot of protein, and minerals and vitamins from veggies, but I know you already know that. Try to just focus on eating well, getting some moderate activity in every day, and enjoy being pregnant.

Hang in there, ladies!
aravae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
ACSNMama
seller

Thank you. I am not overweight, and my doctor isn't worried at all, but I gained more with my middle child ( girl) then I did for my two boys. I did not carry the extra weight well and i also ended up with stretch marks on my thighs I never had before. I do want to be healthy, I don't recall ever gaining this much this soon in my pregnancies! Good news is, a good bit went to my boobs, and that makes me happy, because I had none left after BFing 3 babies, I don't want to think about what they'll be after this one weans, but for now, I'm enjoying them being quite a bit larger!

Old 05-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Isn't that the nice part! I am all boobs( and belly).( I can actually still fit in normal jeans, so I know that i'm gaining it the right places. If you started out at a healthy weight and your doc isn't worried then sounds like you are doing great! We only have control over so much, if we know we are doing things right we gotta go with it and cut ourselves some slack!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #6
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found a weight tracker on Babycenter.com, calculates your pre-pregnancy BMI and gives a range for suggested weight gain. maybe that will offer some reassurance or will show you where you are at.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #7
ACSNMama
seller

I'm supposed to gain 25-35 lbs. However, I've already gained a good 15 lbs. With that said, the chart shows I'm above where I should be for 19 weeks! Ugh. Fabulous! lol.

Oh well, I guess I'll get to exercising, I guess not much else I can do.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #8
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear you! I'm up 14lbs at 23wks, which is a bit more than where I hoped to be. I've been exercising pretty consistently and eating pretty good, although I had probably too many splurges here and there through April & May when our schedule was so crazy with end of year things and 3 b-days in 2wks(and cake is like my very favorite dessert of all time, lol!).

I really hoped to only gain 25lbs this time, but it looks like I may hit closer to 30lbs... that is "if" I do good from here on out!! I've gone back to tracking my diet, and that's helping it be "in my face" so to speak. Making sure I'm getting protein, veggies, vit c, calcium, whole grains, etc and cutting out anything refined, except for when dh & I go out on a date. At least it's a little easier to stay focused now that it's summer and we're spending more time outdoors and active and produce is so much fresher and more appealing.
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:33 PM   #9
charisma3458
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm up 28 lbs already at 19 weeks. Eeeek. This is the fastest I've gained with pregnancies. I gained 60 lbs with my first, 45 lbs with my second, and 60 lbs with my third. Though I do loose it all post pregnancy working out and due to my Crohns. My doctor last Friday didn't seem concerned at all when I pointed out my 28 lbs weight gain. She said it wasn't a problem and to gain whatever I want. But at this rate I'll probably be the heaviest I've been out of all the pregnancies.
/ /
charisma3458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #10
ACSNMama
seller

I'm glad I'm not alone.

(By the way, I'm not a fitness person, I don't have complex, I'm just perplexed because I've been eating well overall, except for eating out quite a bit last month!)

I'm not good with tracking food online, so I may start writing in a notebook what I eat. Are there any good websites for a more specific pregnancy diet? I make sure to get fruits, veggies, meat, nuts (cashews/walnuts are my favorite! Plain, no salt or sugar), I typically have cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch and snack during the day. I'm trying yo gut back on pastas and breads. Like last night, I ate a burger in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun because I already ate bread for lunch (tomato sandwich). I eat when I'm hungry, I have been just choosing fruits or veggies most of the time.

I won't lie, this past month we bought 2 gallons of ice cream and treated the kids to ice cream sundaes at home and DH and I didn't deny ourselves a bowl many evenings!