Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
gravitystar
Registered Users

Re: Weight gain frustrations!

I was up 18 lbs at 16 weeks... I was then up 25 lbs at 20 weeks!! I am now almost 23 weeks and I am afraid of what the scale is going to say sooooo I just avoid that nonsense!!

I do feel your pain! I am pretty small to start and when my stuff started to not fit at 12 weeks, I was a crying mess!! lol - But I got some maternity stuff and feel much better then I did!

Advertisement

gravitystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
Zpatrol
Registered Users
seller

I dont own a scale so my midwife keeps hasseling me to get on since she has no clue where I'm at now! lol I feel really good, My belly popped very early and my chest and everything backside has definitely widened. I'll take it. I gained 60+ pounds with our first and have the stretch marks to prove it!!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
Tamtrujillo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is my fourth baby, and I've found with my boys I got a pointy belly early, gained a lot of weight and looked pregnant. But with my girls I just look like I'm overweight, even though I gained less with them.
Tamtrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #14
BookMama
Registered Users
Formerly: R****l
seller

My Mood:

I feel the same way! I gained (and kept) a lot of weight with my first three, lost it all plus some, then gained quite a bit with #4. Mainly because I was soooooo sick first trimester, I found that while I was actively eating, I felt ok. It was only when I stopped eating that I felt awful. So I ate and ate and ate... I was probably under weight at the start, but that changed fast.

Now with #5 I'm above the curve on weight gain again, and hadn't been able to lose much from the previous pregnancy due to a thyroid issue - not diagnosed until I was already preg.

Trying hard to just eat healthfully, keep as active as possible, and hope I can lose it when ds weans. I have NO luck losing when bf, no matter what my intake or diet is like. Grrrr.

Oh! Keep in mind, a good bit of weight is WATER! Especially now that the weather is warming up. I haven't seen my anklebones in weeks. That's got to account for at least a few pounds, right?
BookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #15
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Yes water weight!

My bigger boobs account for something too! I went from barely an A to a C and still growing! They have to weight a few pounds combined right?!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote