Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
Zpatrol
Registered Users
seller

Ouch!

Well, that was dumb. Fell down about 12 carpeted steps Saturday evening. Scared me to death! I slipped on the first top step and slid all the way down on my back. We were actually at a friends house at the time and I didn't say anything to my husband until we got home because I knew they would feel awful and really, it's not their fault! I just rested all day yesterday and counted baby movements. All seems well, no cramping or bleeding. But sleeping last night was awful. I think I'm bruised all over. Feels like I've been run over by a truck. I know babies are pretty cushioned in there with all that amniotic fluid but still I think that was my worst fall with any of ours.

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpatrol View Post
Well, that was dumb. Fell down about 12 carpeted steps Saturday evening. Scared me to death! I slipped on the first top step and slid all the way down on my back. We were actually at a friends house at the time and I didn't say anything to my husband until we got home because I knew they would feel awful and really, it's not their fault! I just rested all day yesterday and counted baby movements. All seems well, no cramping or bleeding. But sleeping last night was awful. I think I'm bruised all over. Feels like I've been run over by a truck. I know babies are pretty cushioned in there with all that amniotic fluid but still I think that was my worst fall with any of ours.
DDC to say I've done this with several pregnancies though generally in front if other people! Glad you are ok and nothing to be 'embarrassed over' I was 9 months pregnant when this happened at my husbands work part one time!

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
EssentialGoodz
Registered Users
seller

Oh no :/ that's so scary! Glad baby is moving ok for you. It's bad enough to go through an injury not being pregnant...so I feel for you. Rest up!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh no, that sounds painful. I walked smack dab into our bathroom door a month or so ago. Dh had left the door open instead of flat against the wall like it normally is, and like a dummy I was walking through in the dark and just assumed it was open like always. I smacked my belly pretty hard and it was tender for a day or two, but baby was just fine. I guess it's very common and usually not a big deal to have mishaps like this when big and pregnant, but it's sort of scary at the time!
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote