Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
corey0902
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Pressure?

I'm 13.5 weeks and I've been having alot of pressure. I feel like I have to pee all the time and then only go a little bit. I also have urgency and frequency but when I was at work today I dipped my urine and it was clean so I don't think I have a UTI. I also have no pain or burning when I urinate. I feel and look huge but have lost 5 lbs so far and this baby is about the size of a walnut so it shouldn't be causing all this pressure. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

Re: Pressure?

I recently started having that, too. I thought it was just normal, because I remember having that with DD from very early on.

I read here: http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/159_16192.asp that the uterus will raise during the second trimester as it gets larger and reduce that feeling.

I guess during the end of the first trimester, the uterus is large enough and low enough to put pressure on the bladder.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
MCmom3
Registered Users
seller

I am at 16.5 weeks now and I had this too around 14 weeks I think. In fact, I was so worried that it might be a UTI that I had my doctor squeeze me in. They tested my urine and said it was fine. They said to be really worried if you get burning or cloudy urine. The doctor told me it was probably soreness from my uterus stretching as well as from all the weight sitting on my bladder. She said my uterus was still below my pelvic bones and hadn't risen up. Sure enough, 3 days later, suddenly the pain was gone, I didn't have to pee as much, I actually had more in my bladder when I did have to go, and my tummy was sticking out more!

With that said, if you are worried, it never hurts to call the doctor and ask if they can test your urine because you're concerned that it might be a UTI. They'll just test it with a strip and if it comes out clean then they won't send it out - if anything looks iffy, they will send it out. Everything is probably normal though.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
corey0902
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! Thats what I thought it was but never had that feeling with dd so was just a little concerned. I did dip my urine at work and it was clean so it definitely reassured me that it wasn't a UTI. Hopefully, it will go away soon.