Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
SDJeannieZ3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Daytime wool use question

Once I get baby dressed in his cute wool longies and darling matching t-shirt, do I just change the diaper underneath each time and put his pants back on?

Or do I also need to change his wool... (*and* his shirt!) every . single . time?

Because yes, I'm anal like that & he must match!

Advertisement

SDJeannieZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The wool should be good unless you have a poo explosion. If it gets damp, sometimes I let it dry for a bit before putting it back on but you don't have too. Wool doesn't get washed every time it's worn. If it gets dirty then you wash it. Otherwise, I just spray it with woolie spray on the inside soaker part between wearings.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
carriecook'n'sew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah as long as your diapers ate good and the wool doesn't end up real damp you can keep reusing. If your really anal get 2 bottoms to match one top lol.

My DS had reflux so we had to change top more lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
ETSY STORE
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Daytime wool use question

Yep no need to change between diaper changes. My fitteds are super absorbant and the wool isn't usually wet at all.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just echoing everyone else here! since you have a matching outfit and want to keep it that way, I'd say he'll be fine unless he goes too long between changes. I usually use just two soakers/pants/wraps rotated during the day and use the same night one for weeks, because my DD is a toddler and doesn't leak poo anymore. I actually just have to end up washing them about every two weeks because she gets the outside so dirty from playing outside.

YAY for wool users!!! I <3 wool!!
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not sure if this is the right place or not, but curious about wool and really wanting to start using. So my question is about wool covers vs shorties/longies/etc

Should wool be the only thing worn on the outside of the diaper, or can u put regular shorts over a wool cover?? Really not a big deal I guess since its getting warmer and will mostly be at home and can wear just a shortie/ recycled cover. I don't own any at all yet. I knitted a few newborn ones and never was comfortable using then. But I'm looking at knitting some shorties to start using. Any tips or tricks where to start would be great.
Same question for night as well, do u out jammies over wool, or no??
Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
bmacnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacnak
Not sure if this is the right place or not, but curious about wool and really wanting to start using. So my question is about wool covers vs shorties/longies/etc

Should wool be the only thing worn on the outside of the diaper, or can u put regular shorts over a wool cover?? Really not a big deal I guess since its getting warmer and will mostly be at home and can wear just a shortie/ recycled cover. I don't own any at all yet. I knitted a few newborn ones and never was comfortable using then. But I'm looking at knitting some shorties to start using. Any tips or tricks where to start would be great.
Same question for night as well, do u out jammies over wool, or no??
I would say no to pants being worn over shorties/ longies. Not needed; plus too cute to be covered up. You can use pants over soakers but may get a compression leak if on too long between changes. I would say if you want to wear pants over wool soakers than I would go for interlock or recycled over knit. Knit ones are also too cute to cover up.

For Jammies, we do wear interlock soakers under pjs, but also wear really tightly woven or felted knit longies on their own with a Jammie top as well.

So to sum up, pants or shorts are not needed over knit, but if you want to wear them, I would opt for tightly woven, felted, or recycled. Regular knit works best on its own.

Last edited by laila; 03-19-2013 at 01:33 PM.
laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks!

Also got some cheap wool sweaters from goodwill and would like to make my own if anyone has a good pattern that would be great!!
Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
bmacnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used this one.

http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/

the medium size fits my DS (3.5 months, 15.5 pounds).
Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
Dearest Diapers
Registered Users

I use the same woolies a few times during the day unless they get dirty or wet.
Well, unless my kids go to play outside and I don't want a really nice pair to get dirty, then I put him a different outfit that is ok to play outside with.