Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Thank you so much!!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #22
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: what does back labor feel like??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post
Exactly. There is no counter-pressure that helps. A hot shower in the hospital for FOUR hours doesn't help. An epidural is the ONLY relief.
It is THE most excruciating pain and the 'ring of fire' and regular labour has nothing on it. I had it 3 times and am just praying for a normal labour next week.
If I had been in a hospital, I probably would have opted for pain meds. Homebirth though so no luck. Some have said on here, that this or that helped them.

For me, nothing helped me. It was just constant and intense from the beginning. I labored and birthed in every position the midwife could think of. My husband did press on my lower back a lot (with all his might... he's a big guy with farm muscles and said he thought he was going to snap me)... every now and then it lessened some of the vice grip feeling, but never counteracted it... then it wouldn't help at all and I'd yell at him, poor guy.

I have heard some women say that they knew what was going on around them in labor and could talk/understand what others were saying... there was none of that with my back labor. It was so intense, I had no clue about my surroundings, I peed all over the floor in about every room, could care less about anything, I was not "me". I never even felt the "ring of fire" or the episiotomy the midwife had to give me or even the pushing... the back pain just radiated everywhere and covered most everything (I did feel my tailbone break though).

And a posterior baby isn't always the cause of back labor. I had it with 2 babies and both were in perfect position (the first was a shoulder dystocia and the second would have been without the c-section... so I think them not being able to fit through because they were too big caused it, for me).

Like I said before, would not wish back labor on anyone... even if they were big meanies!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #23
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After reading through this, I am so thankful I've never had back labour! I have had babies start out in posterior position, and move around to anterior in labour, but it was without that kind of pain, and I've delivered a posterior baby who was my easiest labour ever! Very odd how the body works sometimes....
Old 06-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #24
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

For me it felt like someone stabbed a dagger directly into my spine and twisted and twisted, then continued to stab and twist over and over.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote