Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #31
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have another baby after their special needs child?

My oldest has hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy and ADHD and I had three more kids

Advertisement

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #32
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Yes, we have.

Now, NONE of our issues are life threatening and that would maybe change our mind.

My first DD has ADD/hd, OCD and ODD. Then we had 2 healthy children, and then my 4th has a rare migraine disorder which can be genetic and we still had 2 more.

My oldest may also have a condition called LOCAH, which is a rare adrenal disease that is genetic. It needs 2 carrier/symptomatic parents and carries a 25% risk. It can be deadly in infancy (but is thankfully tested on PKU in most states, but wasnt when she was born 14 years ago) She has a different bio-father as my other 5 children and we are confident DH is not a carrier as my other children had PKU testing done and are not symptomatic.

Now, if it was something that could cause very early death, like progeria and some other rare diseases then we would consider not having more.

Looks like your risk is low, and it wouldnt stop me, you have a wonderful blessing mama.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #33
MacKenziemom6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi we now have 7 kids our sixth surprised us with down syndrome which totally shocked us but now we wouldn't change it for the world.We now have a 12 week old typical baby boy. Things are different as far as how life is but after a special needs child life will always be an adventure.Our personal reasons for having another child was for our little man to have some one to push him developmentally and honestly I wanted to prove something to my self and to the negative people around us. What I don't know, maybe the hurtful remarks that we should have stopped having kids. We had to do the special tests but honestly it was kind of sad when they said he was perfect because Harrison is such a joy kind of a double edged sword happy for both sides. But now that we have a new typical kiddo and our special baby, it's what I think twins would be like. It takes a little bit more time and patience. But I would do it again and maybe we will have more.
MacKenziemom6 is offline   Reply With Quote