Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Special needs older child and a double stroller...

sigh, i have bought and sold so many double strollers...can't believe i'm looking at getting another one! Just wondering if any of you have a good recommendation for a double stroller with high ht/wt limits and not $700!! not sure it exists! i need one because i have 4 kiddos and while i carry the baby its still necessary to have my 3 yold and 6yo (with down syndrome) in a stroller for long walks/outings.

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
mekat
Registered Users

Re: Special needs older child and a double stroller...

Do you already have a special needs stroller that fits your 6 year old? If so something like this might work http://www.especialneeds.com/double-triple-strollers-random-tandem-connection.html My only other idea would be to try a Bike trailer with a stroller conversion kit. Wike sells a full range of sizes if a regular bike trailer won't work. The only double special needs stroller I know of runs thousands of dollars but if you have a large budget it is the Ottobock Kimba Tandem.

Last edited by mekat; 03-28-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: to add link
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
britsuz90
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have this one: http://wowshopper.com/babyjogger/bab...-twinner-2.htm

ODD is 10 and about 72lbs, the stroller is rated to 75lbs per side or 150lbs total. I got mine on Craigslist for like $45. I actually see them a lot in the summertime on Cragslist. The fabric comes off (it is snapped on) and is machine washable. The front wheel is a quick release. It can feel a bit lopsided if I have ODD on one side and the littlest on the other side.

I use it all of the time! I often don't fold it down to get in the van, I fold down half of the 3rd row and put it in sideways.
britsuz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by britsuz90 View Post

ODD is 10 and about 72lbs, the stroller is rated to 75lbs per side or 150lbs total. I got mine on Craigslist for like $45. I actually see them a lot in the summertime on Cragslist. The fabric comes off (it is snapped on) and is machine washable. The front wheel is a quick release. It can feel a bit lopsided if I have ODD on one side and the littlest on the other side.

I use it all of the time! I often don't fold it down to get in the van, I fold down half of the 3rd row and put it in sideways.
150lbs would be perfect! it seems like all the new strollers are getting smaller and hold less because people want them narrower??? i often wonder what moms of typical children do when they want to jog etc... even they should want a stroller with higher limits, not like your average 6 yo could go jogging alongside you, lol!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by britsuz90 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekat View Post
Do you already have a special needs stroller that fits your 6 year old? If so something like this might work http://www.especialneeds.com/double-triple-strollers-random-tandem-connection.html My only other idea would be to try a Bike trailer with a stroller conversion kit. Wike sells a full range of sizes if a regular bike trailer won't work. The only double special needs stroller I know of runs thousands of dollars but if you have a large budget it is the Ottobock Kimba Tandem.
i don't have a special needs stroller, just because up until now, i just carried the youngest or her and switched them into our regular stroller, but now with them bigger and a new baby, too many kids to juggle. those bike trailors are awesome!!! might eventually save up for one of those, wow!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

just a bump to see if anyone has another suggestion....been searching for a twinner II
Old 04-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
havingfun
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mama,
Just wanted to recommend the Croozer brand of bike trailer if you're looking to get one to use as a stroller. We have one and it's great because the front wheel (to turn it into a stroller) attaches to the bar on the front of the trailer, rather than on the "arm" sticking out the front like most. Just makes it so much more user friendly! Good luck in your search!