Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #61
janae_69
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I lost my child :(

I have an autistic daughter that is now 22 years old. She used to try and wander off. I had an alarm on her bedroom door and every door in our house had a top lock to it so she literally couldnt get out. You may want to get those. I think they were chain type locks. I had to put all chemicals up but she still got into them. I hear your pain. As far as the police and social services you should take your son to the doctor and have him write you an affidavit telling about your son and his condition and have it documented that he has issues and that he can wonder off. Maybe have your family and friends write one too to show that its not just you not taking care of him. Another thing you might do is have a room that has a tv and dvd player or something and when you literally cant watch him when your bathing other children lock him in there with a movie. I know it sounds cruel but sometimes you have to be extreme for his own safety

Advertisement

Mother of 8, Natane' DD 22, Derek DS 20, Seth DS 18, Simeon DS 12, Elijah DS 11, and Zacheriah 7 mo., 2 angels in heaven Selah, and Calah 1/15/11,Co-sleeping, HM-birthing, non-vaxing, HMschooling, CD-ing, tree hugging. Natural goat milk soaps.
janae_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #62
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last edited by *Peanut*; 09-09-2010 at 12:26 AM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #63
wantsanother
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmum View Post
omg...i can not believe it. i called one of the local services...(casa), they told me that my son is too young for them to help with our family!? cause only kids 5 and up and their families need support i guess.
I am a CASA advocate in my area, we don't have age ranges. We serve every case that we possibly can that is in the court system. Some cases have new born babies. I have a case now with children younger than your DS. I would look online about that, but I doubt they can do much until it is brought into court, and that usually starts with a shelter care hearing. Which is when they remove the children from the home. Sorry they were like that. If you have any other CASA questions feel free to PM me. Also, I believe most advocates are volunteers, I know all the ones in my area are.

Last edited by wantsanother; 11-20-2010 at 08:09 PM.
wantsanother is offline   Reply With Quote