Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hyper toddler...food issues? Please help

Ok .. I will make it short for the ones who doesn't care to read alot..but can help..lol

Ok ..short and sweet :P He just made 3 in August.. really sweet.. reallly smart.. loving .. all that good stuff... he will go down for a nap fine... eat without getting up .. all that..
Problem : VERY active... talks alllll the time...I am not kidding .. he will just talk about everything.and move alot while he does it.. just really active when he plays.. never in the same place for more than a min ... ect..
I was thinking maybe I need to cut something out of his diet.. maybe this isnt normal? Does it sound normal? My other 2 are really calm .

Advertisement

mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
lotsuvlittles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hyper toddler...food issues? Please help

I have a very active LO who just turned 3 in August I keep him away from artificial colors & flavors (especially red 40), no HFCS, and really try to keep him away from sugar. It's hard because dh really likes to treat the kids with sugar filled treats or bring donuts for breakfast, but I now know what to expect when my LO eats these and I don't fret about it unless we have somewhere we need to go!

When my 3yo eats the stuff he shouldn't he talks nonstop and it doesn't always make sense because he just jumps from one incomplete thought to the next, he is always moving and cannot make himself stop to look at you while you are trying to talk to him, when I talk to him it literally takes his brain to the count of 3 before it registers that he is being asked a question.

I also give him 2tsp of Cod Liver Oil each day and 1/2tsp of Primal Defense for Kids. The CLO helps him be able to settle down and concentrate. The PDK helps with digestion as he has always had food intolerance issues that effect his behavior.

Back online and getting caught up. Thanks for your patience.
lotsuvlittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We try to avoid anything artificial -- that includes colors, flavors, and sweeteners (including HFCS). Some kids are just much more active and changing their diet doesn't change anything. But I figure these are things we should be avoiding anyway. My oldest also have behavior issues when she has too much wheat, but I would start by taking out the artificial things.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #4
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We just went through this with my oldest. He is 4.5 and can be REALLY WILD! I noticed it once after he ate jello. About 3 days after we cut out all artificial colors we had a new kid. Now if he gets dye we expect him to be wild and he is, he is combative, defiant, and way to energetic. Really it is sad that the food he eats can change his behavior so much but I am so glad we did this instead of having him diagnosed ADHD and drugged for the rest of his life.

I am going to look into the cod liver oil too!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote