Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New DR's Two page letter about Vaxing...

We firmly believe, based on all available literature, evidence and current studies, that vaccines do not cause autism or other developmental disabilities. We firmly believe that thimerosal, a preservative that has been in vaccines for decades and remains in some vaccines, does not cause autism or other developmental disabilities.

I love the fact that they don't DARE share about the other horindous side effects that can take place!!!

We have given our pedi our exemption paper work from the state (and stating to them; "now that you have gov. doc. of this, we will no longer be signing the refusal to vax. sheet") and also printed out the gov. website listing ALL side effects that can acure from the diffent vaccines.

Advertisement

Last edited by eragsdale; 08-24-2009 at 12:05 PM.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #22
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I choose to vaccinate BUT a letter like that is unprofessional at best and downright wrong at worst. Words like "selfish", all the "firmly believe"s, the Ben Franklin quote like "you will be sorry if you defy us, because this famous guy says he should have vax-d or else his son wouldn't have died." And don't think for 1 minute they even value you as a thinking breathing parent who has the right(yes, the RIGHT!) to decide what gets put into my child's bloodstream. It's akin to "you follow what we say OR ELSE!"
I choose to vaccinate for a variety of reasons but do not look down upon or blame anyone who does not. And I feel like just because you are a doc that your knowledge(or percieved knowledge) should supercede my rights as a parent. Not vaccinating your child is NOT akin to abuse, which it seems as if they "firmly believe" it is.
Anyone who has that sort of holy-er than thou attitude doesn't deserve the priviledge of knowing my beautiful child!
Find a new practice, mama.

Last edited by nakedbabytoes; 08-24-2009 at 12:08 PM.
nakedbabytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #23
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
I choose to vaccinate BUT a letter like that is unprofessional at best and downright wrong at worst. Words like "selfish", all the "firmly believe"s, the Ben Franklin quote like "you will be sorry if you defy us, because this famous guy says he should have vax-d or else his son wouldn't have died." And don't think for 1 minute they even value you as a thinking breathing parent who has the right(yes, the RIGHT!) to decide what gets put into my child's bloodstream. It's akin to "you follow what we say OR ELSE!"
I choose to vaccinate for a variety of reasons but do not look down upon or blame anyone who does not. And I feel like just because you are a doc that your knowledge(or percieved knowledge) should supercede my rights as a parent. Not vaccinating your child is NOT akin to abuse, which it seems as if they "firmly believe" it is.
Anyone who has that sort of holy-er than thou attitude doesn't deserve the priviledge of knowing my beautiful child!
Find a new practice, mama.
:ita: We also vaccinate here, but that letter was unprofessional and uncalled for.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #24
TeganFlannery
Registered Users

Good grief. My ped put out a policy letter about vaccines and it was NOTHING like this. This is a scare tactic, and a preachy one at that. UGH.
TeganFlannery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #25
~Ryleigh's_Momma~
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
So since they "firmly believe" all these things then I "firmly believe" that they should have no problem signing a waiver [that you can draw up] stating that they can GUARANTEE that autism or other developmental disabilities will NOT occur at all in you child then!

I can guarantee that if you present that too them, they'll say no! Which shows that they do NOT firmly believe that no side effects/issues that they listed will occur.
I'm sorry, but no doctor in their right mind would sign a waiver like this, whether the child is vaccinated or not! That is outrageous! No one can guarantee that an child will not be autistic. I know several children who are completely unvaccinated who are autistic. How can you honestly believe that anyone can see into the future and "guarantee" that even an unvaccinated, homebirth, breastfed, organic eating, montessori learning, worn in a sling, child will not become autistic? Because I know children who fit the above description who are.

To expect any kind of doctor to sign such a waiver is ludicrous and does NOTHING to prove any kind of point whatsoever.
~Ryleigh's_Momma~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #26
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So that's a total guilt trip and pretty much tries to tell you you're going to kill your child. Oh and I'm not taking advantage of the thousands who do vaccinate. I actually want my child to get chicken pox and studies have shown that women who had measles are something like 30% less likely to get certain kinds of cancer (it's been a while so that # may be off) if I was on a delayed or selective, or non vaxing schedule I would run and run quickly.
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #27
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ryleigh's_Momma~ View Post
I'm sorry, but no doctor in their right mind would sign a waiver like this, whether the child is vaccinated or not! That is outrageous! No one can guarantee that an child will not be autistic. I know several children who are completely unvaccinated who are autistic. How can you honestly believe that anyone can see into the future and "guarantee" that even an unvaccinated, homebirth, breastfed, organic eating, montessori learning, worn in a sling, child will not become autistic? Because I know children who fit the above description who are.

To expect any kind of doctor to sign such a waiver is ludicrous and does NOTHING to prove any kind of point whatsoever.
Exactly NO ONE can see into the future INCLUDING doctors! So a doctor to 100% GUARANTEE that a child WON'T get autism is just as outrageous.

You are right there are cases of genetic connections to autism and then there are cases where genetics isn't the case and the only link is a vaccine they took 3 months ago.

Working through my own sons' issues; a Pedi is a Pedi and that is it; and doesn't know SQUAT about behavior, GI, Genetics,......
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #28
~Ryleigh's_Momma~
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragsdale View Post
Exactly NO ONE can see into the future INCLUDING doctors! So a doctor to 100% GUARANTEE that a child WON'T get autism is just as outrageous.

You are right there are cases of genetic connections to autism and then there are cases where genetics isn't the case and the only link is a vaccine they took 3 months ago.

Working through my own sons' issues; a Pedi is a Pedi and that is it; and doesn't know SQUAT about behavior, GI, Genetics,......
I am confused by you. You just got done saying that the fact that a doctor won't sign a waiver guaranteeing no autism, as proof that the vaccines must cause autism.
~Ryleigh's_Momma~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #29
MT_ranch_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ryleigh's_Momma~ View Post
I am confused by you. You just got done saying that the fact that a doctor won't sign a waiver guaranteeing no autism, as proof that the vaccines must cause autism.
No, I believe she was saying that no one can say one way or another what does/does not cause autism. So the letter from the OP's Dr stating that vaccines don't cause autism and that's why you should vaccinate is just as silly as a Dr signing a written guarantee that they won't.

OP, that letter was tacky and condescending and I'd be finding a new ped faster than I could blink!
MT_ranch_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #30
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

Wow. I vax, on time, but that is just mean and nasty, IMO.

I understand doctors needing to be pro vax from perhaps a liability standpoint, but that is pushing it. I don't think I'd take my (vaxed) kids there based on that.

It sounds like he is very judgemental in general and I would question whether he supported me cloth diapering, BFing, cosleeping, etc.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote