Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #51
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New DR's Two page letter about Vaxing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I wish more doctors included letters like that on their site... it would make it a lot easier to know which ones to avoid.
Definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaRhi View Post
I didnt read all the replies, but I had to share an experience I had when calling around for new peds.

I called an office and asked what their vax policy was. I asked how they handle people that want to deny or just selectively vax. I knew I was 'in for it' when the girl that answered the phone said "Hold on, let me pass you on to the office manager" *eye roll*

So when she gets on the line, she begins telling me the importance, etc.. I said that I didnt want to do the Hep B because I didnt plan on letting my dd have sex before she left the hospital and she went on and on about how it was for more than that (yeah, um, not really but i listened anyhow) and I told her what I knew from reading books, etc.. she said "I don't know what kind of books you are reading..." and I cut her off and said "It's by DOCTOR Sears, ever heard of him?" And she said after a brief pause..."Oh, um... I really don't think that this is the practice for you". UM... YA THINK!?
Although, if you let your three day old daughter have sex you might as well sign yourself up to go on Maury's "my seven year old daughter is pregnant with triplets and my unborn son is the baby daddy."

Advertisement

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:45 AM   #52
MarineGurl020412
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
Definitely!

Although, if you let your three day old daughter have sex you might as well sign yourself up to go on Maury's "my seven year old daughter is pregnant with triplets and my unborn son is the baby daddy."

I am so glad that whie I was delusional from my 20 min (start to finish) L&D that my DH remebered that I had said NO WAY to the Hep B shot.

"Your intuition is a better guide than everyone else's opinion of how you should do it."
MarineGurl020412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 AM   #53
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylaeomommy View Post
The funny, but not funny thing about all of this is that my DD is now on chemo and even if we wanted to she cannot take any vaccinations for 6 months or more due to the chemo.

So they have to take her as a patient and not vax her and not say anything to me about it.
Great point!
And I'm so sorry that your daughter has to go through all this.
http://thebewitchinglyordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com/
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote