Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
stefaniem
Registered Users
seller

Question Anyone use a movement/breathing monitor with your baby?

Hi Mamas,
I have a 4.5 month old who is always rolling on her tummy to sleep. We also recently stopped co-sleeping as it was the only way either of us could get any sleep (we are both SUPER light sleepers and she sleeps much better in her crib). I am admittedly paranoid about SIDS so I ordered a movement/breathing monitor from BRU to use at night. It goes under the mattress and if no breathing movement is detected for 20 seconds an alarm sounds. Has anyone used these? Likes/Dislikes? Mine should be here this afternoon - online reviews seem to be mixed. What do you think?

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone use a movement/breathing monitor with your baby?

We have an Angel Care monitor that we used with our DS and will be using with this LO. I loved it. I too loved co-sleeping and found that on the occasions when DS was in his own bed, the monitor gave me peace of mind and let ME sleep. It was well worth it in my opinion.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
JenandChan
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used the Angel Care monitor as well. It totally gave me the peace of mind to sleep because I was really worried about SIDS. I did have the alarm go off two times in about a 4 month time span. My doctor ended up getting my son an apnea sleep monitor.
JenandChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

i had the angel care monitor but to be honest by the time we actually got around to using the pad (since he was in a basinet beside our bed for the first few weeks) he was able to move around enough to set it off constantly, so it was useless for us.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:34 AM   #5
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

We had an Angel Care monitor that I used with both DS and DD. When DS was born, he went into the NICU with respiratory issues. After he came home, I found myself unable to sleep b/c I was up checking on him every hour or so. Then I discovered the Angel Care. It worked perfectly and allowed me to sleep in peace. With DS, I stopped using it at about 10 months b/c he developed a habit of rolling into the corner of his crib (where the sensor couldn't detect) every single night. With DD, we used it until about 16 months or so, we stopped using it (well, the movement part, we still use the sound part) right before she started in a toddler bed.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #6
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We also had the angel care monitor and i loved it. It definatly gave me piece of mind. However like the pp my ds would move into the corner and set it off. Imagine the scare you get then. It is loud?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #7
mommamisti2
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have 2 angelcare monitors. I bought them both second hand. One is older and one model is newer. I used one in his bassinet (there was a board in there under the mattress that allowed us to do so) and one in my ds crib. I absolutely love it. I have peace of mind. DS was in the nicu for 16 days and when he came home I was afraid of what could be. We already have lost our infant daughter so I wanted to do everything possible to make sure that ds would be ok. It does go off once in a while but I would rather deal with the alarms then not have it and go in there and find him not breathing. IMO this is such a valuable thing to have. I also like that you do not hear anything until the baby makes a noise (there is no static sound constantly) I found with the monitor that I used for my other son I couldnt get any sleep because I could hear every move he made. Hope this helps you in your decision
http://www.etsy.com/shop/mommamisti2
mommamisti2 is offline   Reply With Quote