Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breastmilk ONLY for toddler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenlife View Post
so its ok to make it cold first right?
Absolutely! Are you familiar with handling expressed milk? I don't know how much pumping you did with your oldest! If not, just be aware that the fatty part of the milk will rise to the top as it sits in the fridge, so before you give it to your toddler you'll have to give it swirl to combine it again.

Advertisement

musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
jensenlife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalisa View Post
Absolutely! Are you familiar with handling expressed milk? I don't know how much pumping you did with your oldest! If not, just be aware that the fatty part of the milk will rise to the top as it sits in the fridge, so before you give it to your toddler you'll have to give it swirl to combine it again.
cool thanks!!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Yep I'd give it to the toddler too. My dd didn't get cow milk til wayyy after she was two.

BTW is there a reason you can't get the baby to latch on the other side? I know it may not seem bad for now but when my dd1 started ONLY nursing on one side after she turned a year old it really got rough at times. Sometimes especially during the night I REALLY wished I could switch sides. You may want to really work on nrusing on the other side. GL momma!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #14
tandemBFmamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Of course it's great! I tandem nurse my 2 kids and my 33 month old DD doesn't drink cow's milk. It kind of grosses me out when I think about it too long. My kid drinking milk that a cow was pumped for.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 AM   #15
clechatelier
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy21princess View Post
Yep I'd give it to the toddler too. My dd didn't get cow milk til wayyy after she was two.

BTW is there a reason you can't get the baby to latch on the other side? I know it may not seem bad for now but when my dd1 started ONLY nursing on one side after she turned a year old it really got rough at times. Sometimes especially during the night I REALLY wished I could switch sides. You may want to really work on nrusing on the other side. GL momma!
My right nip is inverted and though I wore a shell the first two weeks it was still a struggle for him to latch. Nights were especially hard. I agree its not ideal at all, but DD never would latch (I used the nipple shield for months) so I'm just grateful he's latching at all!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #16
ohmmama
Registered Users
seller

IT is fantastic!!! I met awoman who makes her duaghters ovaltine with it! and cooks with it. It is cheaper than organic and RBST free lol! Use it!