Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #21
ClothConvert
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I can't take it anymore

Hang in there! (But also don't feel badly if you decided to stop!!!) I weaned my son at 11 months b/c refused to nurse during the day, yet would eat 3-4 times every night. It got to be insane...and well, i was becoming pretty insane, too! Once I weaned him, it took about three dys and he's been sleeping through the night ever since. i think he just wanted to snuggle and we still do that.

Advertisement

ClothConvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
ohmmama
Registered Users
seller

So you cosleep? I find that neither of us wake up anymore now that we cosleep, I just sleep topless so she has free reign of the boobie. I understand your anxiety and struggle with it myself. I love that you are taking fish oil Great job mama!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #23
joeymomrn
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have any advice about how much your LO is up....but i'll tell you what we did about the co-sleeping thing. My ds was the same. He would squirm and fuss in the co-sleeper and I just ended up putting him in the bed with us until he was about 6 or 7 weeks. I saw my sister-in-law dealing with her 6 month old and trying to get her to sleep in a crib...so I was nervous that I would never transition him to sleep on his own. We just did it cold turkey one night. I nursed him to sleep in my arms and put him down in his crib....its only a short hallway down from our room so I don't feel nervous about that anymore...tho I was in the beginning. Anyways, that's where he's slept ever since and he's almost 4 months now. Now he doesn't like sleeping with me anymore. Even though he still wakes up every 2-3 to bf, I am happy that I have that in between time in the bed with my dh because we had space issues too so I understand....freedom! I would say just do it cold Turkey. She's going to take a few nights to adapt but she will adjust to not sleeping by your side....both my sister-in-laws have done it and they said it wasn't easy but they did it and the kids adapted and were fine.

Jeanine Catholic, wife to dh (4-28-07), semi-nonvaccing, NFP, home schooler, mommy to J (9-12-08) B (12-9-11) and due 4-28-13 with #3
joeymomrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #24
joeymomrn
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh, forgot to mention....I've read that putting something that has your smell on it in the crib with the LO can help them, like a nursing pad or a nightgown or something....its a security thing while they adapt. I did that too.

Jeanine Catholic, wife to dh (4-28-07), semi-nonvaccing, NFP, home schooler, mommy to J (9-12-08) B (12-9-11) and due 4-28-13 with #3
joeymomrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #25
linsey2123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the same issue mama. She sleeps like crap and co sleeps most of the night too. She was sleeping in her crib but now she is sick and cant sleep anywhere but in her bouncy or in bed with me. I wake up in pain and everything. BUT she doesnt get many solids yet(workin on them) Good luck mama, I feel your pain.

WAHM THREAD
linsey2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #26
cmapperson
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had a small success last night- my son has started his night in his swing for several months, but he just outgrew it. So, on the third night of trying I got him to sleep in his crib (in our room) for 2 hours before coming to our bed. I waited til he was sound asleep (a state I like to call "drooly floppy asleep") before I put him in. He did wake up and look at me, but decided it wasn't worth waking up.
I'm not ready to wean, night wean, or end co-sleeping. I'd just like to stretch out for a couple hours, and maybe go to only 2 night wakings...someday.

Chandra
cmapperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #27
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

We actually had a fairly successful night last night. I nursed her, unlatched her and rocked her to sleep while singing lullabies. After she was super floppy, I put her in the co-sleeper and she stayed fast asleep for 1.5 hours. I nursed her when she woke up, put her back in the co-sleeper and she stayed asleep for another 3 hours. After she woke up to nurse again, I let her stay in our bed for the rest of the night because the wind was terrible and kept waking her up. I count that as a success!!! I'm not sure why it worked (maybe because DH was at work all night), but boy am I grateful!!!!!!!
DH and I talked yesterday and have written out a general schedule for her that we will start on Tuesday. I'm now nervous to start it because of the smooth night we had last night.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote