Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
Hudsonsk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need Recommendations for handsfree accessories for pumping

When I go back to work after this baby, I'll be pumping and could use some recommendations for accessories that make it so you can pump hands free. I've seen some bustiers, bands, strings that go around your neck, etc. What works best? What is easiest to use that doesn't require me to purchase special pumping bras, or undress? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
p1clars0
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need Recommendations for handsfree accessories for pumping

Here are some simple instructions an how to make hf nursing bras.
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/index.html
I have also just used elastic hair bands (2 per pump shield) to create the same effect. String the hair bands together and put one around the shield and one on the hook of your nursing bra (just above your breast--not in back lol) and repeat for the other side. position the shields on your breasts and pump. The elastic bands and the suction of the machine will hold them in place leaving you hands free.
p1clars0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
jaceraden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did a TON of pumping when I went back to work and did NOT do hands free since all the products out at the time had poor reviews. I'm interested to see if there's anything worthwhile available now.

FWIW - hands on isn't that bad though if you've got a great pump. Just something to think about if you don't find anything useful for hands free. A good double electric pump will get you done in 10 minutes or less each time.
jaceraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wore a sleep nursing bra with the opening in the center, not the full pull away, from Motherhood. Worked great, was comfy, and cheap!
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
cuatesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i pumped for exclusively breast fed twins for a full year using the Easy Expressions Hands Free Pumping Bustier -- love it--works great sooooo worth th 34 dollars. i bought mine at the nurture center.com.

i just listed my ameda purely yours electric pump with a bunch of accessories. if interested in buying the pump i will throw in my Easy Expressions Hands Free Pumping Bustier for $10 more dollars--it is a size XL (42-44). pm me if interested.
cuatesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:35 PM   #6
Hudsonsk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatesmom View Post
i pumped for exclusively breast fed twins for a full year using the Easy Expressions Hands Free Pumping Bustier -- love it--works great sooooo worth th 34 dollars. i bought mine at the nurture center.com.

i just listed my ameda purely yours electric pump with a bunch of accessories. if interested in buying the pump i will throw in my Easy Expressions Hands Free Pumping Bustier for $10 more dollars--it is a size XL (42-44). pm me if interested.
Thanks for the offer but I already have the pump that I used last time but hated not being handsfree. I'm hoping that if I can make things easier on myself this go round, that'll I'll be able to pump longer. I only made it to 7 months last time and want to go at least a year or longer this time around.
I was actually thinking about the bustier. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
arizonaspring
Registered Users
seller
seller

Seconding the Easy Expressions bustier http://www.easyexpressionproducts.com/index.html. Been pumping about 15 times a week for 7 months. Seriously the best $30 (new on ebay) that I've invested. Makes such a difference to be able to do something (ie eat lunch, email, surf the net) while pumping.
-G
arizonaspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
clechatelier
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post

I did a TON of pumping when I went back to work and did NOT do hands free since all the products out at the time had poor reviews. I'm interested to see if there's anything worthwhile available now.

FWIW - hands on isn't that bad though if you've got a great pump. Just something to think about if you don't find anything useful for hands free. A good double electric pump will get you done in 10 minutes or less each time.
ITA! My electric pump requires one hand to hold it, but I use my other hand to read a magazine, switch the channel, etc. I only pump about 10 min too, so its not that much of a burden to not have an extra hand for a few short minutes!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #9
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

I used this: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/h...e-pumping.html. No special bra, no extra pump parts, nothing! Super easy and worked great! Not sure how it would work for a woman with large breasts, but it was perfect for me. I used this technique while driving, typing, sorting papers--totally hands free!
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
ACB
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoiceSoaps View Post
I used this: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/h...e-pumping.html. No special bra, no extra pump parts, nothing! Super easy and worked great! Not sure how it would work for a woman with large breasts, but it was perfect for me. I used this technique while driving, typing, sorting papers--totally hands free!
Awesome! I am going to try this technique. One concern I do have is about leakage. Every time I use my PIS, some milk drips out the bottom of the funnels. I'd hate to get my bra wet (I usually go shirtless since I pump at home.) I've tried positioning my breasts a ton of different ways in the funnels to no avail. Any suggestions?
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote