Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
Oakleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: t***om
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Advice on Breast Pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashie View Post
i loved my ameda purely yours. it's a closed system and very affordable. no milk gets into the tubes because of the valve system. it costs about half as much as the medela PIS. the great thing about the ameda is that you can also just buy the pump without all of the bag accessories, cooler packs, etc which is so much cheaper. you can't buy replacement parts for the ameda in your regular big box stores (which some people find to be a deal breaker) but it's easy to buy them online. you can pump one at a time, or both at the same time. it packs up real small too. i hated to pump, but this was one efficient machine that i used for 7 months.
I have the Lansinoh double electric which is exactly the same as the Ameda purely yours but is purple instead of green. I bought mine at Target, and I love it. It was a lot less expensive than the Medela electrics. I also have a Medela Harmonly manual pump that will come in handy when I go out in the evening or something and need something small that will fit in a handbag. I have used it when I am home and it works great for the occasional pumping.

Advertisement

Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
clechatelier
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have an Avent electric and love it! We also have Avent bottles that screw in to it so that's convenient for pumping.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #13
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too have the Lanisnoh double electric and it works great and has a great price! I think especially since you may not being using it daily, this might be a good option. I usually use mine daily and am now using it with a second baby and I can't complain.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #14
TXmommy2be
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just wanted to let you know I saw the Avent manual pump on clearance at Target yesterday. It was around $30 I believe. GL!
TXmommy2be is offline   Reply With Quote