Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #11
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Allergies??? At least thats what the Dr. says....

Have they done blood allergy testing on her? If not this needs to be done!! Ds at first they just tried to have me eliminate things than started talking about non bf and putting him on formula I said no talked to my pedi and than he had a severe allegic reaction so they did blood allergy testing found out what he is allergic to (wheat, dairy, fish, peanuts etc) he now is on allergy medication and I do not eat any foods he is allergic to (you would be suprised at what has fish and wheat and dairy in it let alone peanuts) Wheat and dairy are very harsh and deadly to a child with allergies to them. I would suggest you talk to your pedi and find a better solution. Dont let them push you around be firm. My ds was not gaining any weight and about to be hospitalized when we found all this out and I removed everythign from my diet. He is so much more active and finally starting to gain weight. Not to mention I now am not always covered in spit up (he had reflux bad.) he is sleeping better and acting like a normal happy baby now.

Advertisement

ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Sent you a pm.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #13
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wink Re: Allergies??? At least thats what the Dr. says....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyla View Post
Have they done blood allergy testing on her? If not this needs to be done!! Ds at first they just tried to have me eliminate things than started talking about non bf and putting him on formula I said no talked to my pedi and than he had a severe allegic reaction so they did blood allergy testing found out what he is allergic to (wheat, dairy, fish, peanuts etc) he now is on allergy medication and I do not eat any foods he is allergic to (you would be suprised at what has fish and wheat and dairy in it let alone peanuts) Wheat and dairy are very harsh and deadly to a child with allergies to them. I would suggest you talk to your pedi and find a better solution. Dont let them push you around be firm. My ds was not gaining any weight and about to be hospitalized when we found all this out and I removed everythign from my diet. He is so much more active and finally starting to gain weight. Not to mention I now am not always covered in spit up (he had reflux bad.) he is sleeping better and acting like a normal happy baby now.
Amen to that one! I am always reading labels- hotdogs have wheat in them!!

Please be firm, if you ped doesn't support you- get an appt w/ a pediatric allergist. They can help you w/a referral if you need one. You can still breast feed you just have to eliminate the allergens from your diet also. Here are some websites that may help:
www.foodallergy.org

You can also check out some allergy free cookbooks at your local library.
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #14
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

mama it sounds like possible celiacs to me too! i have very close friends and thier baby has celiacs thats what this sounds like... i hope you get a restful sleep tonight!
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #15
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

No advice, just . It took months for drs to start listening to me about my ds's issues. (They seem to assume we're exaggerating or something!) We are finally getting him help, but it took more than a year. If all else fails, a second opinion may be a good idea. I really hope this gets worked out for you and your dd!!
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #16
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like the dr. is nuts to be honest. Formula would cause more problems I think cuz it constipates some babies. Oh and if formula is causing grunting and etc. then cereal would cause even more constipation and possibly gas.

I recommend finding a new pediatrician and also a pediatric allergist. That is your best bet.