Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #71
srhbrry
Registered Users

Re: Line Drying Chat!!!!!!! Come and join

pokeyjr79: Is there a reason you can't rack dry inside? That should help a little bit.

I have a nice spot on the porch of my Boston apartment for line drying (the four months a year it's not snowing) but I don't really have any spots in the sun because of the direction my apartment faces. Has anyone tried sun-bleaching diapers inside through a window?

Advertisement

srhbrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #72
OsweetchildrenO
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As an update for me... I love line drying. At first I had a small rack in my laundry room. My husband just mounted my retractable clothesline outside. I have very minimal staining at the moment with EBF stains. I have been able to sun my stains out in about an hour outside in full sun(yay). I hang dry anything with PUL that could really break down over time in the dryer and anything with stains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OsweetchildrenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #73
Jumbo
Registered Users
seller

Just ordered an indoor/outdoor rack. Not many stains even without sunning (even with my DS's blueberry addiction) but the house we bought came with a gas dryer which makes me paranoid.

Does anybody have neighbors that complain about your line drying? I want an actual clothesline but when I was a kid we had a neighbor that freaked out because they could see our new clothesline and made us take it down. Now I'm too scared to put one up.
Jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #74
Candie Land
Registered Users

I absolutely love hanging my diapers on the line. Sounds weird but it makes me feel a little old fashioned and I'm super proud of it!
Candie Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #75
OsweetchildrenO
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Just ordered an indoor/outdoor rack. Not many stains even without sunning (even with my DS's blueberry addiction) but the house we bought came with a gas dryer which makes me paranoid.

Does anybody have neighbors that complain about your line drying? I want an actual clothesline but when I was a kid we had a neighbor that freaked out because they could see our new clothesline and made us take it down. Now I'm too scared to put one up.

Mine is retractable and I'm sure my neighbors see it but they don't care. It's your area, you should be able to do what you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OsweetchildrenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #76
quiche_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm new here, too!! Hello everyone!

I've always line dried, cause my mama always line dried. Granted, we both use the dryer a little when there are very long rainy spells (this summer, for instance?) or in the dead of winter (her hands crack). But almost exclusively line dry everything. Mostly outside on the line, some on racks in the laundry room.

So the first thing I asked my dad for when we bought a house was for a clothesline for Christmas! He re-designed it (from the design he used for my mom's) and installed it DH & brother's help last spring.

I love, love, love it! Clothes never touch the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraR95 View Post
I line dry all diapers, blankets, and sheets...I love the way fresh line dried sheets feel. How do y'all get your clothes/towels to be soft after line drying?
Well... I don't personally. Crunchy towels soften a tad when folded, and they absorb water so much faster/better than fluffy towels! (But my ex-roomie hated crunchy towels!)
quiche_lover is offline   Reply With Quote