Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
kimke91
Registered Users

My Mood:
Cloth Diaper Essentials Headaches!!!!

Researching is super overwhelming. I have come across plenty of sites with diaper sprayers such as: bumgenius, bumpkins, spray pal, aquaus, potty pail, knickernappies, diaper dawgs all in one, bumworks, osocozy, and brondell purespa. Cloth wipes warmers: Munchkin warm glow, prince lionheart premium or DEX products. What set up to use to store the diapers? Diaper rash solutions? Changing pads?

Advertisement

kimke91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #2
missymae26
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimke91
Researching is super overwhelming. I have come across plenty of sites with diaper sprayers such as: bumgenius, bumpkins, spray pal, aquaus, potty pail, knickernappies, diaper dawgs all in one, bumworks, osocozy, and brondell purespa. Cloth wipes warmers: Munchkin warm glow, prince lionheart premium or DEX products. What set up to use to store the diapers? Diaper rash solutions? Changing pads?
For a diaper sprayer I use a personal bidet that attaches to the toilet. Same thing as a diaper sprayer but half of the price. I don't use a wipe warmer. I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to sitting water which could lead to mold/mildew. I wet the wipes with warm water before we go to the "changing station" (my bed) to change said diaper. I have a plastic set of drawers I bought from target and store diapers in it. For us, as long as the diapers are changed frequently we've avoided rashes. Sometimes a poop can sit until noticed and his gets a little red. I just put some cj's butter on his bum and it's usually cleared up by the diaper change. Some people swear by plain coconut oil, and I like it too but I prefer cj's if I have some.

It gets easier once you actually use all of these things you've been researching. Try not to second guess yourself too much as it will all make sense at some point.
missymae26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:46 AM   #3
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cloth Diaper Essentials Headaches!!!!

There is a learning curve when using cloth diapers because not everything "works" the same for others, but I would venture to say that those items aren't all "essential".
I used cloth diapers with my son 5 years ago and we got by with prefolds and covers, handmade flannel wipes and tap water, and wet bags. I used prefolds as "changing pads" and didn't have a diaper sprayer. He rarely had any rashes at all so I never worried about cloth safe cream; having regular diaper free periods when we were home helped.
Now 18 months into using cloth on my daughter, the only things that have changed: I use flats now, and I have a "diaper sprayer". It too is a personal bidet toilet attachment and cost less than a branded "diaper sprayer".

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:27 AM   #4
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

I use the prince lionheart warmer. I like that it's a single piece in the basin. The munchkin one I had had a see through insert that would leak if I tried to just store solution to warm and dip wipes as I go. With the lionheart I can do either one and it works great. I don't use those pillows tho that come with it.

For a pail I use a step can kitchen 13 gal pail

Sprayers the biggest thing you want is to have the coupler be metal. Plastic ones tend to crack over time. Aquos?? Rinse works is the one we have. Two years ago when I was looking it was the same one as the bumgenius just packaged differently. It handles a lot of pressure and the customer service is amazing. The only other one I've used was the blueberry flo and it had horrible water pressure.

We store our diapers in the dresser drawers. We use the dresser as a change table. Diapers take up 3 of the 9 drawers. Clothes shoes and odds and ends take the rest. I'm getting ready to move the dresser into the nursery and then I'll probably store the diapers for my 16 mo in a bun drawer in his cubby shelf. Not sure as this kid will pull everything off a shelf.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #5
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would say that those might be nice but not essential.
Sprayer - we do not use, just fleece liners that the poo shakes off of easily. Nb (breastfed) poo does not need to be sprayed or removed at all!
Wipes - i store in an old sposie wipes box. A squirt of natural body wash, squirt of almond oil, some eo, and the wipes!
Diaper storage - i keep them separated by type. Daddy diapers (prestuffed covers and pockets) go in a sposie diaper stacker - it is just the right width for two columns of dipies! Others (night and fitteds) are stacked in decorative boxes below
But ymmv with any of this!
Old 03-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #6
kimke91
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you all for your experienced advice.
kimke91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:32 PM   #7
antcant01
Registered Users

I also have a bidet from home depot instead of a "diaper sprayer"... it was like $10 cheaper! Was a godsend postpartum but have yet to use it for diapers lol
antcant01 is offline   Reply With Quote