Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #21
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

That is a great line. I use to have an umbrella type but it broke.

Advertisement

Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #22
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I have a retractable one that is getting old and not very taught.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #23
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Line Drying Chat!!!!!!! Come and join

How do the retractable ones stay tight? Is there a clip or something so that when you add the clothes they don't go down?
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:02 AM   #24
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

i think line is more than I think the about 6' area that we have it in. I just mean less give to go to the ground. My grandma had some that didn't go down like mine do because hers went more of the length it needed. It has a hook and and I have a nail it goes on.

I will try to post pic on link later.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
Old 05-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #25
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Do you guys ever have fear of birds pooping on your stuff or bugs nesting in them

Or am I just crazy
I have had bird poop 2 or 3 times in my life and I only line dry! I wash pretty much every day as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegmama View Post
I can't wait to start line drying again. I just have to figure out a good back carry that I can do so I can bring the baby. There's nowhere else for her to hang out while I hang stuff.
I used to put my baby in the wash basket or the bouncer, now she just runs around pulling stuff out and causing chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
How do the retractable ones stay tight? Is there a clip or something so that when you add the clothes they don't go down?
I used to have a retractable when I lived in the city, it was different to the one pictured though, it had 5 lines come out attached to a bar and was clipped to a holder on a pole. There was a handle you turned to pull the line out. If it was saggy you just turned the handle to retract the line in a bit.

I have a hills hoist, I will try and take a pic and show you ladies later. It is the best!
Bump2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #26
madmollyann
Registered Users
seller

I love line drying in the spring, summer, and early fall! I have some nice indoor racks I set up by the woodstove in the winter. We have a big line that can hold three big loads, including diapers. I love how my towels and sheets smell after a day on the line, and how clean and white the diapers get!

When DD was smaller, I put her in the Ergo or a wrap in a front carry. She's never been happy in a back carry if I'm doing a lot of bending (to get clothes out of the basket, or weeding). Once she was sitting, she'd go on a blanket in the grass, in the laundry basket, or in the "play pen" (shhh, it's the dogs' exercise pen) nearby. Now, 22m, she either plays outside or helps. She does a decent job finding sock pairs (I HAVE to hang in matching pairs) or naming her favorite diaper prints as she hands them to me.
madmollyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #27
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

Super jealous! We aren't allowed to have a line or anything up in our apartment complex.
Voluntarily left Mod duties due to busy life!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:00 AM   #28
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums View Post
Super jealous! We aren't allowed to have a line or anything up in our apartment complex.
Not even in your bathRoom our like for as an indoor line?

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 05-26-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #29
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Not even in your bathRoom our like for as an indoor line?
Well my bathroom is a 3/4 bath and my girls have the full bath so I don't trust that they won't touch lol

As far as drying inside, I really don't like the humidity that it adds to the air AND my stash is not big enough to dry indoors. Out in the sun, the diapers are dry in a few hours, indoors it can take a whole day.

I do have an old drying rack that I built in my garage that I dry freshly washed/lanoed wool or large laundry items that can't be dried. It gets hot out there but there is no sun.

When we lived in Texas, I line dried probably 6-8 months out of the year. It was awesome. lol
Voluntarily left Mod duties due to busy life!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #30
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

I LOOOOOOVE line drying!! I'm pretty hard core about it too - my dipes have been in the dryer maybe two or three times! In the winter I hang in my basement - I have a line that goes the length of my house as well as three drying racks (so I can dry my diapers AND my clothes!)! I got a larger stash so that I could line dry in the winter time too - it takes a good 24 hours for the pockets and microfibre to dry in the basement and another day for the bamboo and hemp to dry, so I needed the extra diapers for the extra drying time! (Of course, I loved a good excuse to get more diapers lol!)

This winter has been a long one and the spring a rainy one, so I've just this past week started hanging outside - I'm so excited!!