Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Cold and Rainy Saturday

It got cold and wet here today.

How is everyone's weekend?

I'm going to take my ds out in a few because he outgrew everything overnight and I need to find him some clothes. This is not his favorite thing to do so I'm sure it is going to be painful.

My dd taught her Irish Dance class this morning and I sat around and waited and drank too much coffee and chatted with the other moms.

M laundry pile is out of control which I really hate and even my dh is helping me get through it before I get twitchy.

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cold and Rainy Saturday

Rotten here. Not wet but definitely cold. My toddler is sick. Fever, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, grumpy, etc. I appear to be coming down with it too.

The house is cool because I refuse to turn the heat on just yet so my skinny older son is complaining he is cold but refuses to put a sweater on or get a blanket when he is on the couch. Claims he shouldn't have to wear warm clothes when inside the house. The house should be warm enough regardless. Inside temp is 62. Cool but by no means freezing.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

On the up side we now have a washer. Of course that means I must now make my way through our laundry. But then again I would still have had to do so but with a sick kid at the Laundromat. So even that is not so bad.

I also went to our brand spanking new Ross Dress For Less for the express purpose of purchasing some much needed blankets and bought 2 queen sheet sets, 1 twin sheet set, and a 4 piece bed set for $110(there goes my husband's overtime). The sheet sets were made of minky so I thought they might help us keep the temps down at night by keeping us warmer in bed. They were also badly needed as we only have 1 set of sheets per bed meaning we would be either washing sheets in the middle of the night in the event of vomit on sheets or worse yet simply sleeping on the bare mattress as we only just got our washer(used) yesterday.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 11-01-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #4
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yay for a washer!!!!! Minky bed sheets sound so nice.

It is rainy and cold here too plus we have trick or treating tonight, weird I know what that is when our town scheduled it.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #5
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Rotten here. Not wet but definitely cold. My toddler is sick. Fever, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, grumpy, etc. I appear to be coming down with it too.

The house is cool because I refuse to turn the heat on just yet so my skinny older son is complaining he is cold but refuses to put a sweater on or get a blanket when he is on the couch. Claims he shouldn't have to wear warm clothes when inside the house. The house should be warm enough regardless. Inside temp is 62. Cool but by no means freezing.
Poor little guy. I hope you don't get it. No heat here yet either. It's like a game to see how long we can hold out.

Quote:
On the up side we now have a washer. Of course that means I must now make my way through our laundry. But then again I would still have had to do so but with a sick kid at the Laundromat. So even that is not so bad.

I also went to our brand spanking new Ross Dress For Less for the express purpose of purchasing some much needed blankets and bought 2 queen sheet sets, 1 twin sheet set, and a 4 piece bed set for $110(there goes my husband's overtime). The sheet sets were made of minky so I thought they might help us keep the temps down at night by keeping us warmer in bed. They were also badly needed as we only have 1 set of sheets per bed meaning we would be either washing sheets in the middle of the night in the event of vomit on sheets or worse yet simply sleeping on the bare mattress as we only just got our washer(used) yesterday.
Yay for a washer. I wish we had a Ross here.

Our shopping excursion was successful. Basically, I'm going to have to budget differently for my eldest ds. He's hard to fit and piece mealing clothes for him isn't really working out. So I have to save and then get him a couple of complete outfits all at once. Luckily, I had printed out coupons so that helped.

Still cold and rainy. Making some chili.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:

Quote:

I also went to our brand spanking new Ross Dress For Less for the express purpose of purchasing some much needed blankets and bought 2 queen sheet sets, 1 twin sheet set, and a 4 piece bed set for $110(there goes my husband's overtime). The sheet sets were made of minky so I thought they might help us keep the temps down at night by keeping us warmer in bed. They were also badly needed as we only have 1 set of sheets per bed meaning we would be either washing sheets in the middle of the night in the event of vomit on sheets or worse yet simply sleeping on the bare mattress as we only just got ourk washer(used) yesterday.
sounds like you have had a bad Time lately.

Good to hear on the washer.

None of Mine want to wear coats and like so it is a struggle to get them out in cold.

Trying to gain rest from halloween night.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Well we're all sick here also. Just sore throat & snotty noses no fever or vomiting thank goodness though I've been nasesous lately & some other family members have had a stomach virus so I hope we're not getting it. But we managed to go to store & get milk & bread & a few other things tonight. My laundry is also backed up I feel like crying i got some washed but haven't felt like folding & hanging. It was so cold here today & windy thAt we had another sick day & hung out in our pj's all day. Tomorrow will be a Sunday dinner & trip to Costco which I wouldn't do if we didn't need stuff.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dratted used washers. I just managed to get all the diapers washed when it decided to call it quits. Thankfully we bought it at a used appliances store and has a 30 day warranty. We are well within that time period since we just bought it Friday. Pity since it washed better than our last washer. Well at least I have clean diapers. I went and washed pretty much all our diapers because I wasn't terribly confident in the washing they had been getting. So that was 3 loads of diapers that went through 2 full wash cycles then it went out when I was washing a puked on comforter.

My youngest now has ***** looking white streaks on his throat as well. With him sticking his fingers in my mouth and the boys sharing cups and straws when I wasn't looking I don't see how it isn't going to make it's way through the house.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 11-02-2014 at 09:34 PM.