Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
Godslilgirl225
Registered Users

Aio's help!

I currently am renting and have the world's worst washing machine. It can't even keep flats clean...so I'm researching for when we move and can use cloth again! (Yay!)

I want all kinds of pros and cons for aio diapers. I keep seeing that they leak and aren't all they're cracked up to be? I really hope someone has positive things for me bc I really want to stash up on those!

If you have favorite brands too please share those and why if you could! (Price isn't an issue at this point DH is totally on board if there is an option that is easy to keep clean and won't leak!)

Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Godslilgirl225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aio's help!

Leaks happen from poor fit or too much time between changes. AIOs are not meant to last through naps or overnight. Because most AIOs are designed with a trim fit in mind, adding additional absorbency can affect their fit & cause leaks.

I LOVE the sized versions of Bottombumpers and Bum-Ware Extreem AIOs. Sized Simplex are also well loved by many, but I like the previous two brands I mentioned better. I recommend avoiding BG AIOs as they are all OS (they have a soaker that must be folded over itself & is bulky).

AI2s are great for naps and breathable options like Green Line Diapers are even awesome overnight with enough added soakers. Additional absorbency can be easily added to AI2s. My favs are GreenLine, Flips, & Grovia.

Nights require pulling out the big guns. Bububebe Sleepytimes under wool interlock soakers or Green Line fleece covers work amazing. Emotibums are another cover option. Emotibum Fleece longies are soo cute throughout the day and will prevent random AIO leaking due to not changing a diaper fast enough from soaking through onto you/furniture/car seat.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
Godslilgirl225
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
Leaks happen from poor fit or too much time between changes. AIOs are not meant to last through naps or overnight. Because most AIOs are designed with a trim fit in mind, adding additional absorbency can affect their fit & cause leaks.

I LOVE the sized versions of Bottombumpers and Bum-Ware Extreem AIOs. Sized Simplex are also well loved by many, but I like the previous two brands I mentioned better. I recommend avoiding BG AIOs as they are all OS (they have a soaker that must be folded over itself & is bulky).

AI2s are great for naps and breathable options like Green Line Diapers are even awesome overnight with enough added soakers. Additional absorbency can be easily added to AI2s. My favs are GreenLine, Flips, & Grovia.

Nights require pulling out the big guns. Bububebe Sleepytimes under wool interlock soakers or Green Line fleece covers work amazing. Emotibums are another cover option. Emotibum Fleece longies are soo cute throughout the day and will prevent random AIO leaking due to not changing a diaper fast enough from soaking through onto you/furniture/car seat.
Ah! Thank you for all of this! I'm going to look up all of these brands

My guy is skinny skinny. It's rough finding os anything that fits him well. Flips finally fit pretty nicely, We were using those at night time w two hemp and a stay dry insert

Sounds like an entire stash of aio is possible but I'll need sleep time covers still

Seriously, thanks so much!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
Godslilgirl225
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post

Oh yeah! Do u use aplix or snap? Obviously we prefer aplix but our flips wore out so fast that I have had to convert them to snaps did we do something wrong? We've had issues w wash routine a few times. Would that have worn them out faster?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
proudmommyjen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been switching my stash to mostly AIOs and pockets. My favorite AIO is Tots Bots! It's very absorbent, even through naps! It dries much quicker than most AIOs, and the Aplix is awesome. I just wish it was stay dry. I have to use a stay dry liner with them for my sensitive baby. My second favorite AIO is Chelory. They are very absorbent, even for naps. Very cute prints, comes in stay dry or organic, Aplix is really nice! They are more expensive, but have a really great rewards program!

I have been loving Thirsties one size pockets, and I think I'm going to try their AIOs next!

proudmommyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #6
Godslilgirl225
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommyjen View Post
I have been switching my stash to mostly AIOs and pockets. My favorite AIO is Tots Bots! It's very absorbent, even through naps! It dries much quicker than most AIOs, and the Aplix is awesome. I just wish it was stay dry. I have to use a stay dry liner with them for my sensitive baby. My second favorite AIO is Chelory. They are very absorbent, even for naps. Very cute prints, comes in stay dry or organic, Aplix is really nice! They are more expensive, but have a really great rewards program!

I have been loving Thirsties one size pockets, and I think I'm going to try their AIOs next!
I've heard good things about tots bots! And actually stay dry anything makes my kid red so that might be ok for us!

So the aplix seem to b pretty sturdy??

And we LOVE our thirsties covers since they are the two sizes. They fit this skinny guy really well!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #7
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

For tots bots I'd skip v3 as they didn't hold over my medium wetting 14 mo old. :/ but their v2 is awesome and v4 are supposed to be pretty awesome too.

If I was doing it all again I'd stock up on totsbots v4 solids. And bottombumpers sz1&2 in Velcro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslilgirl225 View Post
I've heard good things about tots bots! And actually stay dry anything makes my kid red so that might be ok for us!

So the aplix seem to b pretty sturdy??

And we LOVE our thirsties covers since they are the two sizes. They fit this skinny guy really well!
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #8
heidimama
Registered Users
seller

I would buy from someplace like diaper junction that has a 30 day test run. You wash the diapers, use them & if you don't like them just return them! When I first tried CD I thought the grovia was the best of both worlds. It didn't work for us so I was able to try others until I found one we liked. I'm a HUGE fan of all bum genius, and the free times are so easy, trim & work great for daytime use. Good luck!
heidimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #9
velvetsage
Registered Users

For my next LO I am planning on adding newborn AIOs to my stash. I think I will go with Grovia newborn AIO and Simplex newborn AIO.
velvetsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #10
SBMommaR
Registered Users

My Smart Bottoms will last through a nap for sure!
SBMommaR is offline   Reply With Quote