Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Twin names and gender reveal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
Emma and Olivia,

names of boys that end in "tin"

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/ending/1/tin (some pretty cool ones in there)

My husband wanted to know, so we found out what we are having. If you want to know around the 30 week mark, why not find out now? I mean, when you are 30 weeks preggo with twins, it'll be a lot harder to get the gender things you want to get as you may be on bed rest, or too tired, or whatever. If you are going to find out, find out now
Thanks for the names suggestions!

I DO NOT want to find out but other people in my life do, including DH now. I would rather not know as long as possible. They will not be able to keep the secret for long so the compromise is that we all find out in the 30-32 week mark. I have no desire to buy anything gender specific, my family does. I already have the big things ( cribs, carseats, bouncy seats, etc). All are gender nuetral. Already picked and my mom bought the nursery accesories and linens, which are again gender nuetral. My family wants to be able to buy gender specific matching clothes for the baby shower. I have some gender neutral 0-6 months clothes already and won;t be buying anymore myself, same with diapers.

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think you should keep working to convince everyone to wait to find out. No one ever waits with twins, I think that would be awesome!!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
mamabear678
Registered Users
seller

One of the best things we did with our twins was get their names monogramed on little white hats for the hospital. It was wonderful because whenever anyone (doctors, nurses, family, friends) came in they could confidently know which baby they had and call it by name. It also really helped us as we were really tired! So, if you do find out the gender and decide on names, I suggest getting them embroidered on little hats before they are born!

We also tried to make their names fairly different. It's amazing how easy it is to get names mixed up between siblings (especially identical twins), I couldn't imagine how tough it would be if they sounded a lot a like.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #14
Reese62299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I hope your DH will decide to WAIT!! I LOVE the anticipation.
Reese62299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
Mrs.Os
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear678 View Post
One of the best things we did with our twins was get their names monogramed on little white hats for the hospital. It was wonderful because whenever anyone (doctors, nurses, family, friends) came in they could confidently know which baby they had and call it by name. It also really helped us as we were really tired! So, if you do find out the gender and decide on names, I suggest getting them embroidered on little hats before they are born!

We also tried to make their names fairly different. It's amazing how easy it is to get names mixed up between siblings (especially identical twins), I couldn't imagine how tough it would be if they sounded a lot a like.
I love this idea. I had to find out ASAP the gender with my kids I can't stand not knowing the name of the person I'm growing. But that said we didn't share the name/ haven't shared this time either. 1st time people bugged us so much some people found out but they knew we were annoyed. You could choose names for boys and girls and make a hat with each name then you'll have their name hats and not have to tell anyone anything and still be surprised. I also like the idea of different names so they don't get confusing people :-) congrats and good luck
Mrs.Os is offline   Reply With Quote