Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2018, 11:29 PM   #121
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Jan 15 Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
My DH told BIL that we'd watch his kids tomorrow. Would gouging my eyes out to get out of it be inappropriate? Those kids are wild and exhausting. I already haven't seen DH in 3 days, and this is totally not what I wanted to do with our Saturday.

This is serious grounds for disembowlment (sp? Lol). He needs to do something to earn some serious points after this.

Advertisement

MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:33 PM   #122
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Y'all are always so productive! Love the garden progress gheera! You make me want to try harder at a garden lol.

I am also on the irritated at DH wagon. The feeling has sort of passed now but earlier I could've beat him. I let C be naked for a few minutes after bath time and he peed on the floor. I literally just had him on the potty prior to letting him run around naked. I put him back on the potty and he didn't go. I let him back down while I finished cleaning up and getting bed time ready and he peed again on the floor and DH LOST IT. He was so mad, yelling, acting a fool. As if I am the only crazy person that has ever let their toddler be naked for 10 minutes. As if our toddler is the only one to ever have an accident on the floor. He yelled at C and scooped him up angrily and put him on the potty again. (Let me make it very clear he didn't hurt C or have any intention to hurt him.) It was just the tone of his voice and body language that was so outrageously negative for such a silly accident. It's not like C purposely peed to make us mad. I felt so bad for C.

Sigh. Sorry y'all, I had to get that all out. End vent.

Oh gosh I would've lost it on DH. I hate to see my DH angry at my babies. And he is a super good dad. I would rather him be mad at me than them. (He is very rarely visibly angry, just a disclaimer.)
Old 01-20-2018, 02:10 AM   #123
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Oh gosh I would've lost it on DH. I hate to see my DH angry at my babies. And he is a super good dad. I would rather him be mad at me than them. (He is very rarely visibly angry, just a disclaimer.)
Oh, DH was definitely mad at me. Only reason I didn't lose it was because the babies were both there. L and I just hugged C while he sat on the potty. By the time bed time routine was over I just went into cleaning mode instead of even revisiting it because I was too tired to hear him say how ridiculous it was that C was naked in the first place.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #124
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ugh, sorry K, that makes me feel bad for C just reading it.

Naked time is very valuable for potty training. We don't keep our house warm enough in the winter for that but if Addilyn's not trained by spring we will totally do some naked time.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #125
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Ugh, sorry K, that makes me feel bad for C just reading it.

Naked time is very valuable for potty training. We don't keep our house warm enough in the winter for that but if Addilyn's not trained by spring we will totally do some naked time.
That's my plan too. I'm just gently trying to associate pee with the potty for now and waiting for it to warm up to really go for it.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:37 AM   #126
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jen-Glad eye appointment went well. That's a relief. Nice find on the coat.

I wouldn't want to babysit wild kids either.

Toddlers pee on the floor. It's a fact of life when potty training. You could have left him naked for a second and he would have peed. I would have been mad too.

I'm reading a Father Brown mystery book and it is taking.me forever. Not because it's not interesting but because I end up getting busy with something else.

Older kids didn't get home until 3:30 am from D.C.

I forgot what else I was typing.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2018, 09:05 AM   #127
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Oh, DH was definitely mad at me. Only reason I didn't lose it was because the babies were both there. L and I just hugged C while he sat on the potty. By the time bed time routine was over I just went into cleaning mode instead of even revisiting it because I was too tired to hear him say how ridiculous it was that C was naked in the first place.

I hope things are better this morning!

How is the weather there?
Old 01-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #128
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Jen-Glad eye appointment went well. That's a relief. Nice find on the coat.

I wouldn't want to babysit wild kids either.

Toddlers pee on the floor. It's a fact of life when potty training. You could have left him naked for a second and he would have peed. I would have been mad too.

I'm reading a Father Brown mystery book and it is taking.me forever. Not because it's not interesting but because I end up getting busy with something else.

Older kids didn't get home until 3:30 am from D.C.

I forgot what else I was typing.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I missed the coat find?

I don't do naked time. At all. And my children all pee on the floor getting ready for a bath. Usually AFTER I have already sat th on the potty.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #129
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
I hope things are better this morning!

How is the weather there?
Yes things are better, thanks. I know he didn't mean anything bad by his reaction. He was just mad there was pee on the floor. Which I mean I wasn't thrilled either lol his reaction was just obnoxious and out of line.

Weather was still frigid this morning but supposed to get to mid 60s! Yay! We all need some fresh air and some vitamin D. Hopefully a walk is in store for us later. Playing in the yard or park is still out of the question because the snow is still melting and nasty.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:32 AM   #130
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yes things are better, thanks. I know he didn't mean anything bad by his reaction. He was just mad there was pee on the floor. Which I mean I wasn't thrilled either lol his reaction was just obnoxious and out of line.

Weather was still frigid this morning but supposed to get to mid 60s! Yay! We all need some fresh air and some vitamin D. Hopefully a walk is in store for us later. Playing in the yard or park is still out of the question because the snow is still melting and nasty.
It's supposed to be in the 40's here. I might take my youngest into the historical village for a walk while dd goes to dance. That's one place I'm going to miss terribly if we move.

Glad things are better.

I did all the laundry and now there isn't enough room in some drawers. I

Someone tell me I can't eat bacon everyday. I got some on sale and it's so good.