Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 AM   #11
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Re: Intensifying BH contractions anyone?

Here too. They are frequent enough a few times a day that I probably should be getting checked but so far they have stopped when I make an effort to rest. Which is not all that easily done with 2 active kids.
Mine are most definitely crampy/painful sometimes to the point of taking my breath away.

Advertisement

Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
becca71178
Registered Users

I'm glad you asked, I didn't realize they get 'worse' the number of kids you have. This will be my third and I have noticed a lot more.

They start like clockwork every night at midnight and are much more uncomforatable than prior pregnancies.

My midwife said as long as you don't have more than 5 an hour, it's no biggee. More than 5 an hour (for a few hours) and you should get checked out.
becca71178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine have gotten worse with each pregnancy. I'm actually nervous that I'll go into active labor and just chalk it up to BH until the contractions get strong enough to prevent me from talking comfortably.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESMama View Post
Mine have gotten worse with each pregnancy. I'm actually nervous that I'll go into active labor and just chalk it up to BH until the contractions get strong enough to prevent me from talking comfortably.
that's me. i told dh the other day, "if my water breaks, or i feel like i need to push, i'll go to the dr. until then, i don't know..."

i have them SO often, and sometimes they are regular, or not regular and strong, etc. i don't even time then anymore. i'm 38+1 and it's just at the point now where i have one, move on, and don't really pay attention until one is painful enough that i can't move. then i start paying attention, and then they go away.. lol.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

I have several in a day and at least one or two that feel crampy or somewhat painful. Getting excited! I'm 35+2.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm feeling the same way about not knowing what's real. I've been having bloody show all day and I'll get pretty strong regular BH for maybe an hour, then they stop. Then I get cramps with no contractions, then nothing. It's a viscous cycle and hubby is paranoid we won't make it to the hospital on time. If it was up to him we would have left five hours ago, lol.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
MayDbyHim
Registered Users

With my last child (#4) I was having BH all day, but wasn't worried. I was a week over due so my best friend suggest I time them, even though they weren't strong, I could talk and walk and everything through them. I timed them for an hour and called her back. They were steady, about 4 minutes apart, but still not hard. She suggested I call the midwife. So I did, and since I live an hour away they said come in and if I wasn't ready, I could walk around the mall. So I call my hubby and tell him to finish whatever he is working on. It is not a rush, but the midwife wants to check me.
He decided to come right home. In fact he met me at the best friend's house to drop the children off, and me being so sure it wasn't anything, had left stuff undone at home. I insisted we go home for the couple of items I had forgotten. We go home and hubby tries to get me to wait in the car, but I wanted to make sure nothing was left. I got to the bottom of the steps, had one larger contraction, and could go up. Hubby ran in got the stuff and returned while I was still on that bottom step. He turns me around, gets me in the car, and it wasn't until we are 20 minutes down the road that I was sure I was in labor! (He laughs at me because as we are driving down our road I told him I was afraid we were wasting a trip. To which he responded, then we would go to dinner. Love that man.)
Somehow we made it to the birthing center in 45 minutes (flashing hazards lights help to let other cars know it is an emergency.) I told the midwife I need to go to the bathroom before she checked me. I had been holding it for about 15 or 20 minutes. She let me, but I was so afraid of the baby falling into the toilet that I couldn't do anything! Good thing too. When she checked me, she said I was fully dilated, asks her assistant to start the tub and tells me she is going to break my water, and suddenly my water broke and my daughter was crowning! She was born minutes later. Apparently that need to go to the bathroom wasn't the need I thought it was.
All that to say, keep an eye on those minor BH/bloody show. Sometimes they are more than you think, you might be going into labor in the next couple of days/hours.
MayDbyHim is offline   Reply With Quote