Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Official arrivals thread

Since we've got less than a month before the first of our babies is due, I figured its about time to get ready to start hearing about them. And those of us due at the end of the month can start living vicariously through the rest of you.

Baby's name:
EDD:
Actual birthdate:
Gestation:
Boy or girl:
A short birth story perhaps:
And pictures, of course:

Advertisement

Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Re: Official arrivals thread

Baby's name: Calvin Victor
EDD: 4/19
Actual birthdate: 3 /15
Gestation: 35 weeks
Boy or girl: Boy
A short birth story perhaps: An exciting first birth for me - only 4 hours of labor and I had a baby! Little did I know when we're being checked into the hospital that I was transitioning. We got there at 9:45 and he was born at 10:04. Will add more when I'm at a computer.
And pictures, of course:
Will add soon. He's in the nicu in an isolette with many things attached to him. I can't wait until those are gone and I can hold him chest to chest! He's doing well all things considered.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling
Baby's name: Calvin Victor EDD: 4/19 Actual birthdate: 3 /15 Gestation: 35 weeks Boy or girl: Boy A short birth story perhaps: An exciting first birth for me - only 4 hours of labor and I had a baby! Little did I know when we're being checked into the hospital that I was transitioning. We got there at 9:45 and he was born at 10:04. Will add more when I'm at a computer. And pictures, of course: Will add soon. He's in the nicu in an isolette with many things attached to him. I can't wait until those are gone and I can hold him chest to chest! He's doing well all things considered.
Congrats on your baby! Hopefully he's unplugged and ready for lots on snuggles soon.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
moose750810
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post
A short birth story perhaps: An exciting first birth for me - only 4 hours of labor and I had a baby! Little did I know when we're being checked into the hospital that I was transitioning. We got there at 9:45 and he was born at 10:04. Will add more when I'm at a computer.
And pictures, of course:
Will add soon. He's in the nicu in an isolette with many things attached to him. I can't wait until those are gone and I can hold him chest to chest! He's doing well all things considered.
Wow! Congrats, hopefully he doesn't have to be hooked up for long!
moose750810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats.mi hope he does well and you can have him home in no time.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #6
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post
And pictures, of course:
Congratulations! Hopefully you get to hold your LO soon
Old 03-17-2014, 12:03 AM   #7
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Here he is, this was my first time holding him. They actually let me hold him skin to skin today, which I didn't expect to be able to do so soon. The oxygen canula in the picture he had removed just a couple hours ago, so he's doing great! He's taking a bottle well and hopefully will be strong enough to nurse soon.

I actually went to the hospital twice, the first time when my water broke (I'm still quite sure that it broke) but the swab test came up negative. I had cramping at the hospital, but no contractions. I was told to go home, drink water and lay on my side. Soon after I got home the contractions started, after an hour & a half (and after doubting myself a lot) I called the doctor when they were 4 minutes apart and 1 min. long. The doctor told me to lay on my side and drink water (which I had already been doing) and call him back in 2 hrs if they hadn't stopped. I couldn't keep the water down and the contractions were just getting stronger. Thankfully my labor addled brain couldn't remember how long he had told me to wait and I called him back in 20 minutes (he was born within 2 hrs from first call). He told me "Well, if you are having contractions, we should stop them, so come back in". When I finally got to a room in the hospital, I told the nurse that I felt the urge to push, she checked me and said I was complete! I had thought I was earlier in labor, and I was quite sure there was no way I would make it multiple hours longer, and no way in hell I would ever have another child. Anyway, I got my hoped for natural childbirth, even if on accident.

Last edited by apeeling; 03-17-2014 at 12:05 AM.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #8
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

wow! what a story! and what a handsome man!!
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #9
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

any other babies yet?
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

Our 5th baby has arrived!!
EDD: April 5
Delivery date: April 2, 9am
GIRL (our 4th girl)
9 pounds 5 ounces, 21 1/2 inches long
C-section w/ tubal
---------------------------------------
We had a scheduled c- section for today at 1pm but I woke up at 5am to painful contractions and spotting. We callee my SIL to come right away and went to the hospital and had her at 9am. My dh was planning on a V later but the doctor had a good argument for me getting a tubal as well- since he was already in there, etc and I felt it'd be a good idea. I can feel recovery is a little more painful than the others and am hoping I heal fast. The baby is too cute and a great nurser.
We are discussing names at the moment and like
Mikayla Mabel
Carys
Ariana
Rebecca (a family name)
They want to release me Friday morning, it just amazes me how fast they let you go after major surgery and a newborn to care for. I had been in mild labor for about two days so am glad it's all over! Tomorrow our kids are visiting and I can't wait! Good luck mamas, can't wait to hear about all the cuties coming.