Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Won't pull underwear down?

Hmm I never thought about that. He is in 3T so I just naturally bought him 3T/4T underwear. I will pick up some bigger ones this weekend and let you know how it goes!

Advertisement

kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is so funny, I just picked up some 4T's, the 2T/3T fit just fine, but I was hoping they would be big enough to slide off. Not quite that big, I might go up another size.
I can now recognize the specific whine he does when he has to go...so I just pull down his pants then and he will run to the potty and go.
It's still better than diapers!
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Won't pull underwear down? - update!

The past week we have been going back and forth between big boy underwear (when we are at home) and pull ups (going out or going to dc). He had zero accidents when we constantly prompted him (like every 15 mins or so) to go pee but he still won't tell us when he has to pee and then consequently has accidents in his underwear or pull ups.

So frustrated but we are just going to keep repeating "tell us you have to pee, pull your underpants down, pee, pull them back up" over and over again. I figure it has to sink in sometime.

I can only hope that potty training his younger brother goes just a smidge easier than this.
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #14
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're having this problem with DD.. I just started trying big girl panties for her (she is 21 months) and she forgets to pull them down. I wonder if she thinks they're just like a diaper. Ugh, either way, DD just goes half naked because she doesn't seem to understand. I will have to try some of your advice about repeating a phrase so she catches on.

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
trulyprecious
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are in the same boat. DS is great when naked from the waist down but has accident after accident when we try to introduce underpants.

Hang in there. Your LO will figure it out eventually. They all do.
trulyprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #16
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I'm in this boat, too.

We just started pl-ing and my dd does great if she's naked. She refuses to pull her underwear up or down and refuses any help in the bathroom.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #17
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Add me to the list of mamas in the same boat! We have been trying to PL DD (22 months) since she was around 18 months since she initiated it. She does great when she is naked, but for some reason always has accidents when we put her in underwear. Hang in there mama!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #18
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is why I skipped underwear. We moved from naked, to loose elastic waist pants, then underwear. It was much easier for ds to learn to pull up and down the pants because they didn't fit so close to his skin. Once he learned how to pull up his pants (took about 3m to master) then we tried underwear and he gained enough muscle control in his hands to get them down and up.
Potty learning involves so much more than just potty muscles, you have to develop the other muscles like hand and legs to make it successful. Lose the underwear and work on just pants until he masters that.
I also want to add that sometimes the snug fit of the undies feels like a diaper and kiddos forget that underwear dont hold pee like the diaper.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238

Last edited by krispy79; 05-21-2011 at 06:25 AM.
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #19
Mbrames
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopstermomma View Post
We tried a simple game and it worked perfectly. When DD pulls down her panties we have her wiggle her hips a LOT and says "shimmy, shimmy, shimmy". We made sure we repeated that game about a million times, (and modeled doing it myself about a million times) and after a few days all I had to do is shout as she'd runn to the potty "shimmy shimmy" and she remembered. She was around 15 months when we taught her the game, and she will still mutter under her breath "shimmyshimmy" at 26 months! CUTE!
With me, I just tried too opened the fly of my dark blue stripe briefs! I am of profound mental retardation. The same for her. She, just must try too pull the bottom and back of her new dark blue stripe panties, too one side!
Mbrames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #20
Mbrames
Registered Users

[QUOTE=aries416;12962132]I'm in this boat, too.

We just started pl-ing and my dd does great if she's naked. She refuses to pull her underwear up or down and refuses any help in the bathroom.[/QU With me, I loved my dark blue stripe underwear, that I always pulled up my dark blue stripe underwear, even if I peed in my dark blue stripe underwear! Then, I just tried too open the fly of my dark blue stripe underwear! I am of profound mental retardation. The same for her. She, must love her new dark blue stripe underwear, that she always pulls up her new dark blue stripe underwear, even if she pees in her new dark blue stripe underwear! She then, must just try too pull the bottom and back of her new dark blue stripe underwear!
Mbrames is offline   Reply With Quote