Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #11
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Need some ideas for 5 yr. old

chart with rewards - positive reinforcement!

I do a chart for my kids and that helps..... keeping track helps.

I tell you mine did this and I have seen wonders with doing a system like if she doesn't do x, y or z she gets money every week she does without a behavior....and or toy for some kids...

is there something yours would like to do, go, see (movie), buy, siblings that they see do something or buy something or go somewhere that is appropriate for a younger child have as a reward?

Mine would be in time out or something and state she was going to wet her pants on her bed instead of going to the bathroom. I would tell her that isn't punishing me and that was not acceptable or acting like a "big girl" as she has an older sister and has shown interest in somethings that big sis does that is acceptable to go to a 5 year old.

some discipline might help to and stating you won't let her act this way and some time out/ cooling down is what we call it as it is a place where she is by herself and I check on her every so many minutes so she knows she isn't forgotten... some patience on the parent side will help to support that you aren't going to take this behavior.

Advertisement

Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote