Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2015, 10:43 AM   #71
mkbdvm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gay or Lesbian Family?

Congrats mama! I am around, mostly on ttc.

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #72
sophiewilson
Registered Users

As long as the children are being spoken to openly and honestly about who are the biological parents who made them and who are the caregiving parents who raise them it should be ok.
sophiewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #73
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiewilson View Post
As long as the children are being spoken to openly and honestly about who are the biological parents who made them and who are the caregiving parents who raise them it should be ok.
WTH??
Old 04-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #74
mkbdvm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the same thought. Was wondering whether to bite my tongue. Wonder if the same advice would be given to a hetero couple that adopted or used egg or sperm donation to make a family possible?

Anyway, guess some ppl come in here to gawk or insert unsolicited advice. Lol.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #75
abh5e8
Registered Users

Well, im not the pp, but I would say it is very important to let a child know they are adopted. Seems like they will find out eventually, and would be hurt if it has been a secret. Someday the child will learn their parents did not conceive them together and will have questions. Again, seems best to be open and honest, but not sure at what age to bring it up?
Old 04-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #76
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
Well, im not the pp, but I would say it is very important to let a child know they are adopted. Seems like they will find out eventually, and would be hurt if it has been a secret. Someday the child will learn their parents did not conceive them together and will have questions. Again, seems best to be open and honest, but not sure at what age to bring it up?

You realize all the parents in this thread are gay so it's inevitable that our children will know they weren't conceived by conventional methods right!?

Plus that's something that's up to the parents, whether or not how much they divulge to their children.

ibotta with me and save money on groceries!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #77
2moms2boys
Registered Users

we are two mamas here! E became instand mama to teen special needs son of B! B is a beautiful transgender woman! This baby is our own!! E is due March 12, 2016! We are excited and new to cloth diapering!
2moms2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #78
midebaby
Registered Users

We're expecting our first the end of February and trying to figure out the world of cloth diapers. We've been married 11 years and used an open donor.

Anyone out there using fitted diapers or wool and have time to answer some questions?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Last edited by midebaby; 01-04-2016 at 10:12 AM.
midebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #79
clothfortwins
Registered Users
seller

Present- Wait Midebaby are you secretly me? We also used an open donor after being together for 11 years. We are new to the CD scene as the babies just arrived in late October but feel free to PM and I'll try to help. We used kissas for a little while and love wool.
clothfortwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #80
MommyZaboo
Registered Users

Hey, names Taylor, I have a 2yr old son from previous marriage. Wife and I are TTC and are a part of a group on Facebook for private sperm donation. (you only pay for the shipping! usually $80-160). We found a donor on the group and are going to try to inseminate by March of 2016. If you would like the link to the Facebook group PM me, I would be glad to help other couples/people who are also on the same journey!!!
MommyZaboo is online now   Reply With Quote