Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #11
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Daily chat June 05-16

Oh, no need to be sorry. My mom is just a bit of a redneck. "Classy" is not her at all. She makes fun of my nose "You didn't get that nose from me!" and my "big" ears. It's just the way she is. I'm used to it. Oh, and gotta love in the middle of trying to lose weight "Gosh, Tessa, are you GAINING weight!?" "I think your butt is getting BIGGER!" Thanks, mom, that makes me feel AWESOME about myself. She holds nothign back. Brutal honesty. I much prefer that over fake niceness like I've experienced in other peopel's families.

We did tell my MIL, FIL, GMIL, FIL last night. They were all happy and excited and of course wishign for a girl knowing this is our last. I'm still keeping it from coworkers and off facebook for now. DH's family isn't smart enough to count and realize I'm lying about my due date. But if I told my coworkers, they might actually realize that the due date I will tell them (42 weeks, instead of 40wk due date) is "off" and a "month too long". So the soonest I can tell them is I think the 17th to "just" be finding out that I'm "4-5 wks" pregnant. Expecting non stop vomiting about then and will be forced to tell. Actually, it's not come at a TOO terrible time afterall. We haven't had summer help this year (normally we have newly graduated highschool students that want a summer job that start in the spring and work through the summer), but someone just dropped in yesterday to fill out an applicatio and she looks promising. She didn't mention immediate plans of college, so maaaaaybe she'll work through the winter tooooo and this pregnancy won't be as huge a hardship on my boss that I thought it would be.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #12
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies! I was taking a b-50 complex vitamin and stopped taking it Sunday. Well, I think it may have been helping to keep me feeling good as yesterday I was so tired and my tummy was icky. So that was nice! lol

Crunch - Could we have the same mother??!?!

We won't be telling anyone for a while. We will tell the dc first and that will be either at 8weeks after the sono (AMAer here with repeated m/c) or at 12 weeks at the end of first trimester. Then maybe the rest or we may just decide to let them figure it out. Since we are 41 I am expecting some truly classy remarks.
Blessings from -Tori (45) wife to the amazing Dan(45) for 24+yrs. mom to 6 blessings entrusted to us; DS24, DS21, DS15, DD13, DD5 and crazy man DS 2! and 7 angels yet to meet. Homeschooling, BFing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #13
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies! I was taking a b-50 complex vitamin and stopped taking it Sunday. Well, I think it may have been helping to keep me feeling good as yesterday I was so tired and my tummy was icky. So that was nice! lol

Crunch - Could we have the same mother??!?!

We won't be telling anyone for a while. We will tell the dc first and that will be either at 8weeks after the sono (AMAer here with repeated m/c) or at 12 weeks at the end of first trimester. Then maybe the rest or we may just decide to let them figure it out. Since we are 41 I am expecting some truly classy remarks.
Blessings from -Tori (45) wife to the amazing Dan(45) for 24+yrs. mom to 6 blessings entrusted to us; DS24, DS21, DS15, DD13, DD5 and crazy man DS 2! and 7 angels yet to meet. Homeschooling, BFing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been meaning to reply to everyone but we are so busy with everything and moving on Saturday on top of that! I've enjoyed the chatter this is fun!

I feel like poo today, I have a cold from my kids, dh has it too and I'm pretty nauseous today, woke up like that! Guess it should try and eat, it's already almost 9am here!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife
I've been meaning to reply to everyone but we are so busy with everything and moving on Saturday on top of that! I've enjoyed the chatter this is fun!

I feel like poo today, I have a cold from my kids, dh has it too and I'm pretty nauseous today, woke up like that! Guess it should try and eat, it's already almost 9am here!
I'm finding that even when I feel like puking if I force myself to eat it helps some. I picked up a cold too, dd has it, I hope no one else gets it, fx. You're moving this Saturday coming? Good luck!