Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Prenatal Yoga or other video Recs.?

Wondering if any of you have workouts you love and would recommend. I am not a normal exerciser and I have previous back issues so I guess I won't be starting anything like Insanity.

Advertisement

Blessings from -Tori (45) wife to the amazing Dan(45) for 24+yrs. mom to 6 blessings entrusted to us; DS24, DS21, DS15, DD13, DD5 and crazy man DS 2! and 7 angels yet to meet. Homeschooling, BFing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Prenatal Yoga or other video Recs.?

I really like this prenatal yoga: Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga with Jennifer Wolfe. It's challenging, but not crazy.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds is a great low impact workout.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thread crashing here, but I just thought I'd pop in and say that I love Erin O'Brien's prenatal exercise DVD. It comes with a postnatal one too, which I also found very helpful.
The prenatal DVD is a pretty thorough work out, but I did start from being a couch potato and though it was challenging, I did it. She gives ways to adjust most of the moves, and reminds you frequently not to over do it. It strengthened my muscles and relieved aches and pains and stress, and I found I felt a lot better, had much more energy, and slept better too.
The post natal one is not a cardio workout. It's more about finding your core muscles back gently and safely. It's done in three levels, and by the time you're done it, you should be ready to start a normal exercise routine. It was also wonderful for relieving the shoulder tension and back pain from nursing!
Hope that helps! Becoming fit is one of the best things you can do for yourself as a mother, IMO - I have more energy and lower stress now (not to mention lower weight!) compared with before I had kids. All the best!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thread crashing here, but I just thought I'd pop in and say that I love Erin O'Brien's prenatal exercise DVD. It comes with a postnatal one too, which I also found very helpful.
The prenatal DVD is a pretty thorough work out, but I did start from being a couch potato and though it was challenging, I did it. She gives ways to adjust most of the moves, and reminds you frequently not to over do it. It strengthened my muscles and relieved aches and pains and stress, and I found I felt a lot better, had much more energy, and slept better too.
The post natal one is not a cardio workout. It's more about finding your core muscles back gently and safely. It's done in three levels, and by the time you're done it, you should be ready to start a normal exercise routine. It was also wonderful for relieving the shoulder tension and back pain from nursing!
Here's a link on Amazon, if you're curious.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Hope that helps! Becoming fit is one of the best things you can do for yourself as a mother, IMO - I have more energy and lower stress now (not to mention lower weight!) compared with before I had kids. All the best!

Last edited by ~Cricket~; 07-06-2013 at 11:32 AM.
~Cricket~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay thank you all SO much!! I will go check those out. Hoping to find one soon as I am already starting out behind the 8 ball!
Blessings from -Tori (45) wife to the amazing Dan(45) for 24+yrs. mom to 6 blessings entrusted to us; DS24, DS21, DS15, DD13, DD5 and crazy man DS 2! and 7 angels yet to meet. Homeschooling, BFing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
risata
Registered Users
seller

I'm interested in this too! I will check out that Erin O'Brien DVD. I like to walk but it's been either too hot or too stormy lately. I don't want to start gaining weight yet ...