Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #11
emilysalao
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Halloween-Do YOU dress up?

No, I don't dress up. We celebrated Halloween last year, because of my son. We hadn't celebrated it in over 10 years before that.

Advertisement

emilysalao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #12
Nikki K
Registered Users

Halloween is my husband's favorite too and I like it a lot as well. I wanted to do the themed/matching costumes as well and it's funny that you say the Star Wars cause that is one idea I had last year. What we ended up coming up with was I would be an angel, my husband a devil, and our DD had a costume that mashed them both, called here comes trouble lol. It was such a cute idea, but unfortunatly we didn't get to do anything for Halloween, somehow we missed everything because they switched nights and we never knew. It sucks because the year before that, my DD's very first Halloween, we were living in NJ at the time and hurricane sandy ruined our Halloween then. So after two years in a row of no Halloween I am determined to make sure we have one this year. I haven't even started thinking about costumes yet though. I would love to hear more family ideas. I might retry the angel/devil theme if I really can't come up with anything.
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #13
tinymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K View Post
Halloween is my husband's favorite too and I like it a lot as well....I would love to hear more family ideas. I might retry the angel/devil theme if I really can't come up with anything.
How old is your DD? Last year our DD was Little Red Riding Hood with me as the Wolf and DH as the Hunter/Woodsman. I will always treasure the little poncho our DD wore!

You could always do a fairytale or childhood story such as Alice in Wonderland or Snow White. We had some friends who did The Wizard of Oz with their toddler as the Lion. When you google "family costume ideas" some are goofy, some really out there, but some are totally do-able. I always love the homemade ones the best.
tinymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:33 AM   #14
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I usually do dress up if it falls on a weekday and i can dress up for work. Last year ds1 wanted to be a power ranger and ds2 wanted to be batman. I dressed up as the pink ranger with ds1 and dh dressed up as "batdad" with ds2.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #15
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I dress up every year! Halloween is my favorite holiday. We don't do a family theme, even though I would be super excited to do one. My kids get to chose their own costumes.

This year dd wants to be a unicorn princess and DS wants to be the gold power ranger. My dream costume would be a Polish folk dancer with those awesome red boots...but I'm due with a baby this week and so I don't think I'll get a lot of sewing done. Dh hates dressing up, but he will throw on a wig or some accessory last-minute to appease me. Last year dh and I *did* coordinate in Harry potter robes, gray pants, gray sweaters, and maroon ties. Maybe we'll wear those again, considering we've moved and I won't have a lot of time to sew.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #16
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our costumes have been picked for this year and I started making them this week. We're basing ours on dd's choice (Elsa). I tried talking her into something else since at least half the girls in her school will be dressed as either Elsa or Anna but she says she doesn't care. So she will be Elsa, Dh will be Kristof and I will be Anna. Ds doesn't want any part of Frozen costumes and has chosen to be an eyeball. Of course in the course of a day he changed his costume 5 times so i will wait to make his until closer to Halloween.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #17
kanga1622
Registered Users

I don't dress up but my DH does. Last year DS1 was a doctor in grandma-made lime green scrubs with his real stethoscope. We had DS2 in a pumpkin shirt with a "head wound" made from gauze and co-band. Then we borrowed a gown from my office and DH put that on over his clothes to be a patient.

We haven't even started thinking about it this year. DS2 does have a shirt with all the rib cage and arm bones that he can wear to daycare.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:52 AM   #18
Kucsmile
Registered Users
seller

I don't dress up, but I appreciate others that do.
Kucsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #19
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

If we can, everybody dresses up. I think I've only missed a couple of years since DD's been born.

When I was pregnant with her, I was a pea pod (I worked in a bank at the time and lots of people guessed I was a cucumber, hahha).

When she was 10 months old, DH and DD and I were the Flintstones.

When she was almost two, she was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (I did not dress up this year).

When she was almost 3 and DS1 was a teeny three-week-old newborn, I reused the PB&J costume, and DS1 was an Oreo cookie (he was in white tights and a long-sleeve onesie and I made some cookie pieces out of lightly stuffed fleece to velcro to his onesie), I was a bag of Doritos, and DH was a glass of milk. We were lunch.

When DD was almost 4 and DS1 was 12 months, we were bugs. I was a ladybug, DH was a fly, DD was a butterfly, and DS1 (who we called "B" for shot) was a bee.

When DD was almost 5 and DS1 was 2, I think DD was a bag of jelly beans and DS1 was Blue (from Blue's Clues). I did not dress up this year.

Next year, I was big pregnant with DS3 (lost DS2 the previous year) and the kids were just the right ages for us to be Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Last year, DH and I were farmers and the kids were celery, an eggplant, and a pumpkin.

Have NO CLUE what we're going to do this year.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote