Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #31
eliz.lutz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How many people attended your birth? How do I say no?

I kept everyone away from the hospital - it was just me and my husband. Anyone who wants that badly to be in the room must care enough about you to respect your wishes if you don't want them there

Have everyone come visit when you arrive home - much more manageable and they'll likely bring food, which is a huge help.

Advertisement

eliz.lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #32
ericca1980
Registered Users

I understand your choice. However, I don't know how to say no if I were you. Maybe your husband can inform everyone that you want the moment to be intimate.
ericca1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #33
Smy42
Registered Users

My Mood:

Throughout my pregnancy I was somewhat uncomfortable with how public pregnancy makes your private life. Everyone wants to know everything. I even had a male co-worker give me pump advice (ahh don't say breast to me at work!). I was probably more private than most.
Looking back now though, I am glad I got to spend those last few hours alone with my husband before becoming a family of three. They were our last moments where "we" just meant the two of us and I really cherish them. If you have the birth with just the people you want there, you'll cherish it too. Speak up about your wishes. I don't think you'll regret it regardless of who you may offend!
Smy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #34
ericca1980
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smy42 View Post
Throughout my pregnancy I was somewhat uncomfortable with how public pregnancy makes your private life. Everyone wants to know everything. I even had a male co-worker give me pump advice (ahh don't say breast to me at work!). I was probably more private than most.
Looking back now though, I am glad I got to spend those last few hours alone with my husband before becoming a family of three. They were our last moments where "we" just meant the two of us and I really cherish them. If you have the birth with just the people you want there, you'll cherish it too. Speak up about your wishes. I don't think you'll regret it regardless of who you may offend!
This is so true. The woman should have the say on how the pregnancy goes. She should pick the people to be there. Her demands should be catered to. Besides, she's making a great sacrifice.

I love intimate moments, and pregnancy is one of them. I myself wants to take part in the pregnancy of people I know. However, I am mature enough to understand the need for privacy.

More power to the women who sacrifice 9 months of their loves. You are appreciated.
ericca1980 is offline   Reply With Quote